• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Dash Screw Part No Needed :)

marksorrento205

Hello all.

Im after a part no for the screw that clamps the r/h side of the clocks surround by the wiper stalks. I have used my one on a different car and now I need to put mine together its gone. Below are a couple of pics to show you what I mean

Dashtopscrew001.jpg

Dashtopscrew002.jpg

If anyone has one great but a part no will do too.

Cheers

chrisj21

There doesn't seem to be a part number on service box for it when looking at the dash part.

I'm sure i have one in an old clock surround, i'll check for you when i get back.

(i'll pm you regarding the mount aswell ;) )

Chris

marksorrento205

Cheers Chris,

I have looked through servicebox myself and I cant find it, but knowing my luck it will be with the fuel tank parts or something daft, I was just hoping someone knew of a part no.

welshpug

tis a T20 headed self tapping screw IIRC.

DaveW

I never reused that screw, normaly snap off or get stuck.

Tesstuff

Can't you use mine :P

By the way, your signature needs an update...Bye bye blackie :D

GLPoomobile

You want a part number for the screw? :P Dude, it's a screw. It ain't gold plated, magnetic, or lemon scented, it's just a screw! :D

marksorrento205

Fair do's :P

As wp said its a t20 headed one that was the only reason I wanted a replacement one :) It turns out that a standard phillips headed screw fits and does the job too. So happy days you can all worry not :P

Glp - I like the idea of a lemon scented one :D

GLPoomobile

I've only ever found phillips headed ones on my 205s (when they are there, that is), so I thought that was the norm. Hence my surprise at you wanting a part number for a screw :P

lagonda

Mine's philips headed but it's not self-tapping, it screws into a small captive nut...probaby 8mm at a guess.

GLPoomobile

I'm sure it's supposed to screw into one of those little U shaped clips with the holes in, rather than a captive nut. Or is that what you were meaning? The clip slots over part of the plastic inside and sits in place, then the screw taps in to the holes in the clip.

lagonda

No, definitely a threaded screw & captive nut on mine (89 CTi). Perhaps this was how Peugeot made up to CTi owners p*ssed off at not getting GTi front suspension.....