• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tdr_1976

Oil, Water And Stop Warning Lights

tdr_1976

Hi,

I've had a good look through the forums and can't find the answer to a problem that has arisen today on my G Reg 205 XS, with the TU3 Engine.

I was driving home today and about two miles from my house, the Oil, Water and Stop Warning lights all came on at the same time!

I have checked the connector plugs, but it all seems to be in order.

I haven't got a clue what's caused this B)

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

welshpug

have you checked the coolant level?

tdr_1976
have you checked the coolant level?

Yes mate, all good, Oil level is fine too.

Anthony

Low oil pressure, high coolant temp, and STOP will come on when there's no oil pressure.

Could (and more likely to be) be a faulty sender or the wiring that's shorted against the block though, so check these before fretting that the engine is terminal....

tdr_1976
Low oil pressure, high coolant temp, and STOP will come on when there's no oil pressure.

Could (and more likely to be) be a faulty sender or the wiring that's shorted against the block though, so check these before fretting that the engine is terminal....

Hi mate,

Where would the sender be located? Stupid question I know, this is my first Pug!

The engine sounds sweet as anything, so it's likely to be an electrical issue.

Cheers

Edited by tdr_1976

rapidcossie

my car is the opposite lol

the stop light etc never ever come on!

tdr_1976
my car is the opposite lol

the stop light etc never ever come on!

LOL!

swordfish210

The oil pressure sensor is located on the front of the block behind the exhaust downpipe. It would also be the lead for the alternator shorting out, this happened to mine. It had slipped down and was catching on the pulley and the dash lit up like a christmas tree :)

tdr_1976
The oil pressure sensor is located on the front of the block behind the exhaust downpipe. It would also be the lead for the alternator shorting out, this happened to mine. It had slipped down and was catching on the pulley and the dash lit up like a christmas tree :)

I had a look at the connection on the oil switch, it was a bit dirty, so I cleaned it up and put it back on, the lights stayed off when I pulled it off, but when I reconnected it, they all came back on......lol!

So it's got to be the switch.