• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest treebeard

2.0 Mi16 Lambda Sensor Issues

Guest treebeard

Hi all,

Have been pestering Welshpug with questions about my car as he fitted the engine so probably knows more about it than most. But I'd like to throw it open to the floor now.

For the last two weeks it has been starting fine, but after about 5 mintues the revs die off and it becomes very lumpy to the point of stalling. You can tickle the throttle and it kinda responds, but is completely undriveable. After a couple of minutes of tickling the throttle tho...she's fine, and runs all day. So it's only from cold it is doing this, so I had the temperature sender changed, with no luck. Have now started it the last two mornings without the lambda sensor plugged in and has been fine both times, so am guessing it is that. When i plugged the lambda sensor heater (two white wires??) in this morning it did it's dying swan trick, so could it be the heater gone in the lambda? I thought it would have been the ECU wires causing the problem, but anyway, definitely seems to be the lambda sensor in some way.

So, do people think this is a reasonable cause for the problem I have been suffering, and will any 306 2.0 16v lambda sensor be OK for my car? The engine is a 92 iron block from a 405, but welshpug said the cables can be a bit short so he fitted a 306 sensor when he did the conversion. Any advice on make? Just go with a Bosch?

Any help appreciated,

Tom

welshpug

Other way round sorry Tom, we had a 306 Lambda to hand so extended the wires to meet the 405 Loom, ideally we would have use d a 405 one but couldnt find one at the time.

A 405 Lambda would plug straight in from memory of where the plugs are.

PM replied to just before I saw the topic!

Guest treebeard

Thanks again for the help on this one, I'll let you know when it's sorted (fingers crossed!)

Tom

Other way round sorry Tom, we had a 306 Lambda to hand so extended the wires to meet the 405 Loom, ideally we would have use d a 405 one but couldnt find one at the time.

A 405 Lambda would plug straight in from memory of where the plugs are.

PM replied to just before I saw the topic!

Sign in to follow this