• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Joshy

Phase 2 Interior Conversion - How Hard, How Much?

Joshy

I'm sort of regretting tonight's research project!

After settling on the idea that I'm going to rip the interior out of my old XS and put it into my new GTi (and even going downstairs to start, but promptly giving up due to rain :lol:).

I'll admit that I don't know an awful lot about 205s, one thing that completely miffed me was the Phase 1, Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 differences. Tonight I discovered that to get the all important black body trims I want for my Black GTi I can get off the shelve Phase 2 trims. Great!

Then I discovered that Phase 2 cars also got black interior trims. Interior trims that would look absolutely perfect with the goodwood leather seats I'm looking to fit to the GTi. Suddenly I realized that putting an interior into my GTi might be a little more complicated that I first thought ;).

Now, as per this thread:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...965&hl=trim

It seems like I've got rather a lot of trim to start collecting, with has really gotten me wondering a few things

1) Seeing how late 205s seem to be few and far between, how easy am I going to be able to source this stuff

2) How much is it likely to cost me (I need everything bar a carpet and doorcards)

3) How difficult is it going to be to fit? (I would have thought the differences between a Phase 1.5 and Phase 2 fittings would be minor, but It's not usually like that!)

I've noticed some questions regarding Dashboard wiring. I assume this only applies to early Phase 1 cars which had the slider heater controls?

I know it's extremely sad for me to be asking about interior trims, especially on a car that I bought with the intention of it being a ruff and ready track slag, but I'm slowly becoming obsessed with getting my 205 utterly perfect on all counts. I blame spending too much time with you lot! :D

Any thoughts are welcome

Josh

MerlinGTI

A phase 1.5 to phase 2 is a striaght swap as far as I'm aware mate, only difference being the colour. Phase 1 stuff is different but still 'fits'. I think there's a few brackets behind the dash on phase 1 that are different, but as you are doing a 1.5 > 2 conversion this will not affect you.

Hardest bit is the dash, but even that isn't that scary. You should be able to have dash out and new one in place in a day easily, that's with lots of tea breaks, taking your time and doing a good job.

Cost? Your best off finding a phase 2 that's being broken and making an offer on the interior. Removing it yourself. There's millions of bits, if a seller has to remove ands sees a huge pile of parts the price will go up! In the car it doesn't look a lot. Not including seats, I would say £65 - 100 ish is a fair ballpark figure, but obviously it will cost what ever the seller wants for it!

number2301

The only bit you'll struggle with is sourcing the parts. For the effort of removing all the trim and the difficulty selling it I've never bothered stripping it out so it usually ends up in the skip!