• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Arahan

My New Seats :)

Arahan

Well after looking for awhile for some half leathers with no luck, these came up out of the blue and im very glad they did! I think it was divine intervention stopping me from finding some half leathers so I would buy these instead!

Nov_09-01-Rallyeseatsfitted--------.jpg

Got both fronts and the rears. The drivers seat has a squished bolster and a small tear in the side bolster. but the rest is fine and all the other seats are immaculate :lol:

Atari Boy

Very nice, I like the PTS logo. Are they from a 309?

In had my 1.6 cloth drivers seat bolster reupholstered and it looked fantastic afterwards, I think it was about £30 for a pro to do it.

Baz

205 Rallye seats Jonny!

Nice, and pretty rare these days too!

Arahan

Definately mate, i nearly wet my pants when i saw them! The entire car was immaculate t be honest, bar a minor bump it had had at the front. No rust or dings or anything and 100% original right down to the white 13" steelies.

Wallby

Great find! Ive been looking for some in that condition for a good few weeks and no luck yet!

Arahan

I might sell them for the right price :lol: haha!

Henry Yorke

The material on these wears pretty quickly which is why there are not many about now. Did you get the steering wheel insert too as they are cool

Wallby

How much is this 'right price' then? Bet its far to much for me to afford!

Hows about a swap for some half leathers?? Althougth they are not in great nick either!

Gentry_Ba

hi!

problem is the very quick wearing material, as posted.

in germany its impossible to get a set of those in good condition.

but they are very nice seats- and a must have for a original rallye! :D

jonnygoodhand

Were these from the Rallye in Bury, that has been chopped in as 'scrappage'? I posted an eBay link on here a few days back.

I've had a few of those patches made up, which I used to refurbish my old seats. Can buy them from here if anyone's interested...

embroidered-flammes.jpg

seats-installed.jpg

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Arahan

Didnt get the steering wheel insert but should've really!

Yeah it was from Bury mate, the guy apparently had told people he wasnt going to break it, but he mustve had a change of heart!

j_turnell

Great seats, i had a set in my first XS, still got the steering wheel! Wish i'd never sold them, used some old phase2 1.6 seats to fix them up :rolleyes:

InteriorRallye2.jpg

allye

That is criminal seeing that 44,000 mile rallye in a scrap yard, with what looks like no rust what so ever! The fabric on rallye seats reacts with direct sun light and dries up and cracks! I have a mint set of 1.6 gti seats in my rallye, wish i could have a set of originals in that condition though!

Ali

welshpug

you could always get the gti seats re-covered in the same style as the rallye seats but with a modern material that wont degrade as quickly :rolleyes:

a friend of mine has a pair of these totally unused in his shed, they were taken out of his co-driver/sponsor's Yellow 92 K plate and replaced with some Recaros IIRC.

Wallby

Welshpug - Does your friend fancy giving them to me???

But seriously, how much would it cost to get a set of seats covered in new material?

hexhamstu
Were these from the Rallye in Bury, that has been chopped in as 'scrappage'? I posted an eBay link on here a few days back.

I've had a few of those patches made up, which I used to refurbish my old seats. Can buy them from here if anyone's interested...

http://www.goodhand.co.uk/pts-decals/image...red-flammes.jpg

http://www.goodhand.co.uk/rallye/gtidriver...s-installed.jpg

Those seats look nice! did you just get them re-trimmed in black and then sew the badges on?

jonnygoodhand

They were original, albeit from a low mileage car. The bolsters were replaced and I picked off the original patches and replaced them with the new ones I had made up. These were glued on with fabric glue and tacked on with a couple of stitches.

Henry Yorke
a friend of mine has a pair of these totally unused in his shed, they were taken out of his co-driver/sponsor's Yellow 92 K plate and replaced with some Recaros IIRC.

I don't think Gordon will let them go will he? Carl was interested a while back.

allye

I have seriously looked into getting my mint gti seats recovered in black material with red stitching, however recieved some interesting quotes. Cheapest was £600 for the full set!! If it was more like £200 then I would, but for now I will stick with the gti seats, I have the red carpet as well so they suit the rallye well.

Does any body on here know any where that re-covers car seats for a reasonable price!?

Cheers, Ali

jackherer
Does any body on here know any where that re-covers car seats for a reasonable price!?

http://www.bjscartrimmers.co.uk/

They did an AMAZING job on a Merc for a friend of mine, I don't recall what he paid but I remember being pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Surprisingly they have got their own phone number wrong on their website, Chelmsford is 01245 not 01295!

Edit2: They have a second website here - http://www.bjscartrimmers.com/

Edited by jackherer