• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tjalde^

Warning Light In Instrumentpanel

Tjalde^

I have this warning light in my instrumentpanel, and I do now know what it means. It is difficult to see what it is suposed to look like. I replaced my spark plugs because I thougt it might have been the ignition but it did not help.

pict2740.jpg

Galifrey
I have this warning light in my instrumentpanel, and I do now know what it means. It is difficult to see what it is suposed to look like. I replaced my spark plugs because I thougt it might have been the ignition but it did not help.

pict2740.jpg

Low coolant level

Tjalde^

By the way - it is a 1.9 from 1987

Galifrey
By the way - it is a 1.9 from 1987

Still low coolant level

welshpug

nope, that's the engine management light, what management system does it have?

low coolant is in the middle row between the sidelight and battery lights.

Edited by welshpug

Galifrey
nope, that's the engine management light, what management system does it have?

low coolant is in the middle row between the sidelight and battery lights.

Doh, you're right, it is listed as 13' in the owners manual, as opposed to 13... Nice work Peugeot :)

Tjalde^

Thank you. I am sorry, I do not understand what a management system is. I come from Denmark so I do not know all the technical terms.

welshpug

"motorstyring" ?

Tjalde^

Ohh, it sounds a bit serious then. It controls the ignition and injection, right?

welshpug

yes, 1.9 gti with a katalysator?

Tjalde^

Nope

welshpug

ok :) what engine is it?

Tjalde^

If you say, it has to have a katalysator, I really do not know :) I was told, when I bought it, it did not have a katalysator. And I must say, I have not checked underneith the car. It should have a katalystor or?

stimpysaurus
If you say, it has to have a katalysator, I really do not know :blush: I was told, when I bought it, it did not have a katalysator. And I must say, I have not checked underneith the car. It should have a katalystor or?

It could have just been removed if it did have one. I have a 1991 which originally had one on but doesn't anymore, i'm not sure if there's diffrent codes for denmark but the 1.9 with katalysator is xu9jaz/dkz but i think that was from 1991 onwards? ( i don't know much about the different engines)

if it is that engine then there should be a green plug near the coolant tank that you can plug a code reader into and find out whats wrong.

hope thats helpful

Lianne

Galifrey
ok :blush: what engine is it?

1987 1.9 it says, probably no Kat for that year, I think it was 1992 europe went all Kat/Cat was it not? Some spillage into late 1991 J Plate models I guess...

Probably worth trying a known good ECU to see if that fixes the problem, I suspect it is down to the the ECU getting a dodgy reading from a sensor though or a corroded connector, unless anyone knows of a specific 205 GTi issue that causes this?

Tjalde^

Thank you very much for the answers. I will try to find a code reader to plug in.

Sign in to follow this