• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teos

1.9 Mi16 Head Over Xud11 Diesel Block

Guest Teos

Hi to all..

I'm new in the forum.. I read tons of post.. over last night and this day.. but i still have some doubt.. so, before spend money to buy a XUD11 Motor, i try to ask!! :)

I would build a new powerfull motor for my 205 Racing car...

Now the car have the standard 1.9 motor with twin 40 carburettor and a Be3

Sequential Gear Box.

I already have a 1.9 Mi16 full motor. I would use a XUD11 block (i found one

form a citroen 2.1 td XM at the dump yard) and mount on it the Mi16 Head.. is

that possible?? Also, my sequential gearbox will fit also into the XUD11 motor

block? I already order from Jenvey the TB Kit.. and use a Efi Euro 1 for the Ecu...

I have read a lot of people mount 88mm piston on this

block for incerase the cc.. Can i also make it?? I need only to bore the cilinders?? Or change it?? or it's better to use smaller piston and have more safety?? Consider that i use the car only for race, and i

Haven't so much money to rebuild the motor after each race :D but i would reach more cc as possible in safety way.. ;)

I make all this question for my mechanic that do all the work ;)

Thanks a lot again..

I hope some one could Give me some help!! And sorry if you have wasted your time reading my 3d...

Best Regar

Matteo - Italy

P.s. sorry for my bad english... ;)

taylorspug

Alot of people are of the opinion that 87mm is safe for bore size on these blocks. There are a few running 88 though. Even with 87mm bore you will have around 2.3l (cant remember exactly) if using the forged XU11 crank already in the engine. You will just need forged pistons and maybe rods too, although id imagine the XU11 ones would be more than strong enough as long as you used ARP bolts and didnt go mad with revs.

The sequential box will fit fine too. You may need to look at your clutch and flywheel setup if you are going for 16v though, as the 8v has a smaller flywheel and no timing ring on it for the crank sensor.

Mandic

XUD11 block has relocated water pump as opposed to other XU iron blocks. So You'll probably need electric water pump.

Boring it to 88mm is a bad idea, as there is a hole going through between cylinders and walls will get pretty thin in that area.

2.1 td has 92mm crank so mating it with some custom 87 pistons and rods will give You 2.2 liter engine.

Cheers

Ziga

taylorspug

I didnt know about the waterpump issue!

Teos- Bearing that in mind, if you dont want to run an electric water pump you may be better off getting something like a Gti6/XU10 iron block and putting the crank from the XU11D engine in that. This way you can still bore out to 87mm safely and use the 92mm crank to get 2.2l, and the water pump position is the same as on a standard XU 16v engine.

DrSarty

Exactly what Dan said. ^^^^ :)

If you have the money, then you could push for 87.5 or 88mm. Others are getting away with it; but personally, I wouldn't.

Guest Teos

Thanks a lot Guys for the very fast reply...

I have already see the water pump is on the back..... Maybe i'll put an electric one..

Here in italy is hard to find this motor.. also a XU10 engine will cost over 1.000 € ;)

Instead the XUD11 is a little more easy to find because was also fitted into the Fiat and Lancia..

OK, I'll use 87mm piston... did you know some factroy that make good Connection roads??

Other think i need to know before start the work?? The Mi16 Head go straight on the XUD11 MotorBlock?? The water and oil line are the same??

Also the GearBox fit straight on XUD?? i see in some Citroen pdf that there was fitted with a ME5 gearbox.. the bellgearbox have the same mounting like BE3?? I can't trow away 9.000 € for the gear box!! :)

For the crank sensor i have already one external le motor.. i was shipped with the Webcon Carburettors Conversion!! :D

Thanks again

Matteo

A last question

I found a xud11 motor from a xm with 440k km for about 400€ ..The car run well... bui It have too much km right??

taylorspug

From what people have said the XU11D engines are very understressed, so i wouldnt be too worried about a high mileage one unless it has a specific problem.

Mandic

Due to having very think piston rings and revving low, I wouldn't worry as far as the block goes, there is very little bore wear even on this sort of mileage, but You'll rebore it anyway, so no worries at all. Crank is another matter. But You can always regrind it as well.

Cheers

Ziga

Guest Teos

Thanks a lot Guys!!!

You are so helpfully!!!

I'll give you more information step by step during the working!!!

Righ another one question...

I need a lot of power at low rev.. and not too much at Higt..

I buy 45 Tb, what Camshafts is better tu buy???

Thanks Again to all!! :rolleyes:

nunoserrano

Petert as some fine cams send him a message

Sign in to follow this