• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
luke1987

[car_overhaul] 205 Gti Dimma

luke1987

Hi all just thought i would share my work with you this is my mates 205 gti dimma it was bought off ebay with a knackered engine for £700 we put a new engine in but thanks to a conrod bolt failing didnt last very long so we thought the time had come to give it a new lease of life so the idea is (Engine) 1.9 8v with piper ultimate road cam, Vernier Pully, Double valve springs, Twin 45 webbers, ARP rod bolts, Uprated Oil pump spring and baffled sump running on a fully rebuilt 1.6 box with quaife diff and 309 gti shafts and wishbones and hopefully 309 gti rear axle full respray in white should be coming next week so not to much to do then heres a few pics so far

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0385.jpg

RalliArt

I like it, keep refreshing the thread mate...

luke1987

Hi all not put any pics up for a while but here we are gearbox backDSCN0422-1.jpg

Quaife diff and rebuild car havin bodywork and respray done took some pics today

P201109_1546.jpg

P201109_1545.jpg

P201109_1542.jpg

Will put some more pics up as work continues

Arahan

Cool, looking forward to seeing this in the flesh!

Kev-G

Why on earth would someone paint a car which was originally Miami Blue, White??

I would go back to Miami TBH - I hope that you are painting under the bonnet whatever you do?

Dazza

Hey luke , i love these Dimma's i remenber the first one i saw in Cheshire ...........................when these were brand new ..........showing my age now ...

Get down to the lancs meets with us lot , seek out Stufarri on meetins threads ..

Some good lads at these ..

luke1987

Well the car has now been painted in audi ibis white all under bonnet has been done to will upload some pics shortly (forgot my camera) apart from that not much else to report on shell.

DSC00010.jpg

Finally got round to painting Gearbox.

DSC00011.jpg

And head, ran into major problem today as engine builders reported 2 of the liners were knackerd but manage to find some more thanks to Baz off here shell hopefully back tomorrow so will be starting to put interior back in this week so more pics to follow.

Edited by luke1987

luke1987

I would go back to Miami TBH - I hope that you are painting under the bonnet whatever you do?

I know madness the car was originally miami blue including the kit but some berk decided to spray the car white with a spray can (some peoples thinking is beyond me) and not done a very good job so just thought be easyier to stay white as it needed a lot of prep and the garage already had the white paint which i got for free.

Galifrey

White cars are faster everyone knows that

:rolleyes:

timmsy19
White cars are faster everyone knows that

:)

yep knows it!

loving the paint job on that gearbox. shame it wont be seen all that much :D

luke1987

Just got it back from bodyshop now so took a few piccys paint still needs a good buffing but will be going back when nearly finished for that and to add insult to injury ive just dropped the front bumper after having it for 5 mins only a crack and some chips so thats just gone back to be repaired (im starting to think im cursed lol) so anyway heres the pics.

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

gonna start work on the interior next i think got an alarm and rev limeter to wire up thats if i dont break them aswell luke.

Galifrey

How much were you charged for the paint?

Goliath

I am also interested to hear where you got the car painted and how much it cost you.

I like the look of white dimma's especially if they have some dark or brightly coloured wheels to offset it.

Good luck with it, keep us updated.

luke1987
How much were you charged for the paint?

Nothing he already had the paint in.

luke1987
I am also interested to hear where you got the car painted and how much it cost you.

I like the look of white dimma's especially if they have some dark or brightly coloured wheels to offset it.

Good luck with it, keep us updated.

Got the car painted at a garage round the corner from my house it cost £500 all in.

luke1987

Hi again ive been busy putting all the back end back together tonight which is now done (will put some pics up tommorow) that just leaves interior to do ill attack that tommorow and put some pics up of that to Luke.

GLPoomobile
Got the car painted at a garage round the corner from my house it cost £500 all in.

Hence the over spray on all the bits in the engine bay :)

allye

Haha, I see someone has fitted the twin horns at some point, just as i have done (mine are of a big old volvo). 205 horns are crap.

Also after a 2nd look there is some over spray! Looking good though keep us updated.

Ali

welshpug
Haha, I see someone has fitted the twin horns at some point

standard fare on the 1.6, Airhorn on the 1.9 :lol:

I do like Dimmas, but prefer a colour rather than white :)

sounds like a decent engine spec there, I'd suggest you at least get a re-curved Distributor if not something like OMEX 200 to run the ignition side of things, you can stick a 60-2 pattern flywheel to run a TDC sensor as its all apart easily enough too.

luke1987
standard fare on the 1.6, Airhorn on the 1.9 :P

I do like Dimmas, but prefer a colour rather than white :)

sounds like a decent engine spec there, I'd suggest you at least get a re-curved Distributor if not something like OMEX 200 to run the ignition side of things, you can stick a 60-2 pattern flywheel to run a TDC sensor as its all apart easily enough too.

running standard ignition at moment is it worth swopping to omex

mikebullock84

great paint job, who cares about a bit of overspray in the engine bay, your not going to see that! update us soon, good to see yet another dimma this year getting some love and being put back on the road!

Joe-Tait

Nice dimma :)