• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Xud9 Djz Internals Into Xu9 D6b

wardy18

I have just pulled the head off the XUD9 DJZ engine i have and seeing that the pistons are very very flat top items with only slight recesses in (less than mi16 ones) would these be good to use in an ally XU9 block to make a very good CR?! I assume the rods are the same length and pistons have same comp height as they are from the XU9 range to make 1905cc?!

If so ill sell them on but just want to make sure before i do anything

let me know what u think

cheers

RossD

I think your question might be answered if you removed the diesel pistons, they are huge compared to the petrol ones - Much heavier too. Also the rings are different - Much thicker on the diesel models. They may fit, but I'm not sure they'd be any good for a high revving petrol engine!

wardy18

Thanx for the reply mate, i did find this when i compared them to a set of std 205 XU9 items, anywho, i sold the XUD9 Crank/Rods and Pistons for £50 (all the car they came from owed me) so im happy!! Apparently the crank is a much stronger 88mm stroke crank than the XU9 unit and the Rods certainly looked much much stronger with an alomost double size gudgeon pin to the XU9's, would be good items for a hard revved 205 rally engine so he's happy