• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sam jfm

Can I Use A Gti Exhaust?

sam jfm

well the back box, i cant find one for a 1360 205? would it be ok for the job?

Anthony

Yes, it fits and works fine, although if my experiences on my XS were anything to go by, it was a little more noisy inside the car (and gained an bizarre high-rev rasping noise on overrun :() when running the GTi backbox over the original one.

jackherer

I've got a back box from an XS, I fitted it to my mates car then he crashed less than 100 miles later so it is virtually brand new, PM me if you're interested.

sam jfm

well its for a rally car so its going to be noisy anyway! could i use an uprated one or would i gain nothing?

DrSarty
well its for a rally car so its going to be noisy anyway! could i use an uprated one or would i gain nothing?

How much (power I presume) do you expect to gain just from a back box? :wacko:

Batfink

some of the TU centre sections are straight through so there is potential gain in theory, though its more likely the manifold is the worst part

sam jfm

well i have a 421 mani on there with a straight through center section, dont get me wrong im not one of the "back box thats going to give me 500bhp" people! i just wonderd if a uprated back box would help flow, if it wont then i will leave it!

Is there anything wrong with the standard one?

Anthony
well i have a 421 mani on there with a straight through center section, dont get me wrong im not one of the "back box thats going to give me 500bhp" people! i just wonderd if a uprated back box would help flow, if it wont then i will leave it!

For what it's worth, I noticed no difference good or bad in terms of performance when I swapped the standard backbox for a GTi one on my XS (which had the 1.1 straight through center pipe fitted)

allye

Digging up an old debate about TU exhausts here! (even though I'm a new member have read many-a-topic about TU exhausts in the past) many members are of the opinion that straight through centre sections and free flowing back boxes actually loose you power as back pressure is required! Up to personal choice I guess!

Ali

Craig89

Slightly off topic but can you use a GTi centre section on a TU engine and manifold?

j_turnell
Slightly off topic but can you use a GTi centre section on a TU engine and manifold?

No, they are completely different.

Craig89
No, they are completely different.

ok mate cheers

sam jfm

anyone care to recomend a make thats fairly cheap and will work well?

swordfish210

Bosal (or Bosai, i can't remember) are available from most motorfactors and a pretty good.

sub205
some of the TU centre sections are straight through so there is potential gain in theory, though its more likely the manifold is the worst part

the manifold isnt that bad, its the same as the tu5jp in the 306. (89ps)

sam jfm

Can i use the sleeve type center section with the sleeve type gti back box? do they match up dia wise?

sam jfm

Anyone?