• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bigryrs

Roll Cage Fitting

bigryrs

Hey folks whats the best all round rollcage for a 205 and will i have problems fitting one as i have a sunroof in my 205!!

Anyone have a rollcage in their 205 if so can you post up some pics please cheers

Atari Boy

The two cages to look at are OMP and Saftey Devices, bit of a debate but SD ones are generally thought of as being better. Mine fits with my sunny shell okay, tight but okay.

Worth doing a search as this has all been covered including pictures and fitting etc.

Edited by Atari Boy

screwloose

I have the OMP cage. The quality isn't that of the SD option but it serves a purpose and is better than nothing.

bigryrs
The two cages to look at are OMP and Saftey Devices, bit of a debate but SD ones are generally thought of as being better. Mine fits with my sunny shell okay, tight but okay.

Worth doing a search as this has all been covered including pictures and fitting etc.

Ok mate il have a look im quite new to the site so im still getting used to where everything is lol!! cheers

bigryrs
I have the OMP cage. The quality isn't that of the SD option but it serves a purpose and is better than nothing.

I had a look at the omp cage on fleebay but wasnt 100% sure if it would fit with my sunroof in there!! im not sure on the prices of the sd cages il have to have a nosey!!

Baz

£620+vat & delivery for a Challeneg spec C44 SD cage. IMO the best off the shelf bolt-in you can get.

bigryrs
£620+vat & delivery for a Challeneg spec C44 SD cage. IMO the best off the shelf bolt-in you can get.

Lol 80 quid short of what i paid for the 205!! but its something im defo gonna get so il just have to get the notes out.

Baz

The OMP's do a job as said, but they're much cheaper for a reason, they look like it. I've fitted a couple and they're a crap fit frankly, they just have me thinking the fixings would just act like a hinge in a big accident... :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AB%2F106%2F126R-OMP-...151910002r27034

And this is the rear section of a C44, much more substantial as you can see, the fixings are a lot meatier. Double diagonal, harness bars, and picks up the rear beam mounts.

Image123-1.jpg

Even the cheaper old simple 6 point SD C12 is a much better cage than an OMP IMO, despite not picking up the rear beam mounts;

DSC00566.jpg

bigryrs
The OMP's do a job as said, but they're much cheaper for a reason, they look like it. I've fitted a couple and they're a crap fit frankly, they just have me thinking the fixings would just act like a hinge in a big accident... :wacko:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AB%2F106%2F126R-OMP-...151910002r27034

And this is the rear section of a C44, much more substantial as you can see, the fixings are a lot meatier. Double diagonal, harness bars, and picks up the rear beam mounts.

Image123-1.jpg

Even the cheaper old simple 6 point SD C12 is a much better cage than an OMP IMO, despite not picking up the rear beam mounts;

DSC00566.jpg

Looks like il be going for the sd cage then lol cheers for the pics and info mate!!

rallysteve

I will get some proper pictures of my Safety Devices C44 cage fitted tomorrow if you want. It is a very nicely made cage and is much more meaty looking than some OMP ones I have seen.

Steve

bigryrs
I will get some proper pictures of my Safety Devices C44 cage fitted tomorrow if you want. It is a very nicely made cage and is much more meaty looking than some OMP ones I have seen.

Steve

That would be spot on mate cheers.

timb1046

i have an SD cage,

all wrapped up

n1622520002_11470_4919.jpg

test build out of the car

n1622520002_11477_7521.jpg

Baz's pictures are best for the welded in ones as i dont have any of mine prior to apinting the welds etc.

including the welding etc i think it took me 3 hours to get it in and sorted with a mates help, bearing in mind that was the first time i'd ever put one in. i took it out to spray all the welds etc and when i put it back in it took about 30 mins on my own. sovery simple once you've got the base plates in.

Edited by timb1046

timb1046

and heres one i found of it in the car from the rear, appoligies for the state of the rest of the car :blush:;)

n1622520002_11671_8467.jpg

MrG

here's mine installed

post-11698-1256735605_thumb.jpg

post-11698-1256735593_thumb.jpg

post-11698-1256735581_thumb.jpg

MrG

I've kept the seat belts as they're easier to drive to and from the track with and these pics don't show the harness fitted, but you can see how close it is to the sunroof.

bigryrs

Right folks where can i get one?? ive got cash waiting so does anyone have links to a company that sell them or does anyone know of any second hand ones lying in someones garage gathering dust!!

Craigb
here's mine installed

post-11698-1256735605_thumb.jpg

post-11698-1256735593_thumb.jpg

post-11698-1256735581_thumb.jpg

I've got one in this style that will be up for sale in a couple of weeks

bigryrs
I've got one in this style that will be up for sale in a couple of weeks

In that case you have a pm then lol.

Masekwm

That is a nice cage :lol:

Can someone with a SD cage measure the diameter of the bars for me as I want to order a camera mount tomorrow but won't see the car until the weekend. Thanks

Baz

45mm main hoop, and 40mm other tubing. That's the usual regs etc anyway, and pretty sure the SD's are.