• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Identifying Different Engines

M_R_205

is there an obvious engine stamp on the tu engines that makes them nice and easy to identify, im trying to get hold of a 1360 tu3 engine and im goin to have a wander around some scrap yards tomorrow to see what i can get.

Cheers

Paul.

johnnyboy666

i think tu3's have a 3(s?) stamped somewhere on the front of the head near the exhaust mani. alternatively find the car that relates to the engine before you go, ie. xs/gt/roland garros for tu3s ....(i would continue the list but im not sure lol)

RossD

There is an ID code within the engine number and also the chassis number. The chassis number is the easiest to decode.

For example VF31CNFY251301854 - The engine code from this is NFY which a quick google shows to be a TU5.

The engine number also contains an engine identifier. For example take the engine number 10FS1G0090640. FS1G is the identifier here, being a TU3A.

Anything with FSxx is a TU3, the last 2 characters (the xx in this case) show the subtype, eg TU3A, TU3S.

FXxx is a TU5 (i.e FX1A)

FPxx is a TU1 (i.e FP6J)

FNxx is a TU9 etc etc :)

So, if you are looking for a 1360cc engine, you want to be looking an engine number that starts 10FS :ph34r:

Simples :lol:

Edited by RossD

Sandy

The bullet proof way is the 3 letter code on the block ID plate or stamped on the block itself later:

1.0 all start with "C", eg CDZ

1.1 all start with "H", eg HDZ

1.3 all start with "M", eg MFZ

1.4 all start with "K", eg K2D, KFX etc

1.6 all start with "N", eg NFX, NFU etc

Edited by Sandy