• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sub205

Ms2 - Low Cost Display For Runtime Data

sub205

i just finished building this:

mslave.jpg

its a 4x40 lcd controlled by a microcontroller which polls the ms2 or runtime data to dispaly.

much cheaper than the lcdash, but only with a 4x40 dotmatrix lcd ...

DrSarty

I'm liking that a lot.

I would say though that in the circumstances displayed above, it's bloody cold in Germany but at the same time your engine's overheating! :rolleyes:

Nice one.

[L'e$kro]

Pretty cool indeed...

The Asus eeePc taped on my dashboard didn't really match the sleeper look of the rest of my car. A LCD like this would be really cool fully integrated somewhere, or getting out James-bond-style from the coin tray :rolleyes:

There is also a cool touchscreen dash, but clearly overpriced...

Nicolas

cybernck

That's nice - would it be able to work with MS1 though?

sub205
I'm liking that a lot.

I would say though that in the circumstances displayed above, it's bloody cold in Germany but at the same time your engine's overheating! :)

Nice one.

the layout is just beta, had no better idea on how to line up everything. a graphical display would be a bit better, but needs more cpu-power so i have to switch to a powerful pic/avr.

the data displayed is from my ms2-emulator on the pc, just a simple script that responds to A-requests with some dummy data. look at the time of my post, i finished that thing about 5am this morning and slept the whole day. i like holidays ;-)

That's nice - would it be able to work with MS1 though?

yes, of course. just the interpretation of the values needs to be matched to the ms1-variant.

Edited by sub205

brumster

Not up on MS1/2, but if you've got something that's CAN-bus compliant and configurable, sign me up for one too :)

sub205
Not up on MS1/2, but if you've got something that's CAN-bus compliant and configurable, sign me up for one too :)

i'll check out the never PIC-controllers (18F...-series), they have can-capabilities and should be easy to interface with the MS2.

Anyway, CAN itself means nothing, its just a protocol like TCP/IP is, the apps (like MS2, OEM-hardware etc) are on a higher layer and have different protocols.

Just if you thought interfacing such a display with other ECUs (maybe OEM), this will not work without knowing the correct protocol data used by the vendors...

madspikes

Very Nice.

These pictures came from a 205 for sale on the net somewhere!

post-2857-1256234548.jpg

post-2857-1256234539_thumb.jpg

I was thinking about doing this for my MS one, using a pic. I was planning to have an overall screen like you have to show all values, then a button to scroll to a different screen just showing one valve in some graphical form so it would be easily readable.

Mad.

sub205
Very Nice.

These pictures came from a 205 for sale on the net somewhere!

post-2857-1256234548.jpg

post-2857-1256234539_thumb.jpg

I was thinking about doing this for my MS one, using a pic. I was planning to have an overall screen like you have to show all values, then a button to scroll to a different screen just showing one valve in some graphical form so it would be easily readable.

Mad.

really, use an 16f877 or 18f... i tried a 16f627 first and realized that the memory is to limited for anything serious. 16f877 is at its limits (many calculations and text-elements)