• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cd.thomson

Central Locking And Driving Lamps

Guest cd.thomson

Hi guys,

first post here, I've spent a while using the search function to track down various queries but can't seem to find the answer to these. Forward me on to the relevant topics if these are reposts of reposts of reposts! :ph34r:

First off my central locking has completely given up the ghost. It was always "weak" on the passenger side, then that one stopped working with the others, now all the door locks have to be done separately. I'm interested in upgrading for a remote central locking kit. Has anyone bought and fitted one themselves they can recommend? I have no security on the car at the minute, not fussed about an alarm as they're just ignored, but I am also after an immobiliser recommendations to fit at the same time?

Next question is a stupid one (I know before I ask!) but I can't turn the driving lamps on.. in fact I thought they might just be for show! Could someone clarify when they should come on (main beam perhaps) and if they should come on with any of the controls to help me track down the problem?

jason7579

Driving lamps should come on with main beam.

djinuk

driving lights should come on with full beam i believe.

As for central locking, first you need to see if you can get the original stuff working correctly before fitting a remote as remote centarl locking kits dont generally replace the motor/solenoids that are already there, it may be the wiring to these or simply the motor gave up the ghost, i think i have a spare drivers side kicking around.

But yea the first thing i would do is rectify why exactly the central locking isnt working and sort that, then look at alarm systems to fit which include immobilisers and remote features.

CaptainP

It's worth having a fish around down behind the headlights & front bumper as someone may have disconnected the driving lamps (they should be attached via yellow plugs)

Guest cd.thomson

cheers for the replies chaps, looks like no easy fix.

Drivers lights definitely arent working so I'll have a look for the connections on the weekend and play with my voltmeter.

Just checked the doors again and it seems to be just a problem with the passenger door solenoid, its making noises so its receiving power but not working properly. I'll have a look on ebay for a replacement.

Any recommendations for remote locking + immobiliser systems?

Lan

get the needle files and wd40 out the yellow connectors are usually corroded much like the earth blocks behind the headlamps.