• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Seat Choices For 205 Gti

djinuk

Im currently working my my gfs 205 xs which has the full arch kit and is based around everything being either black or white.

This leaves me in a situation as she dosent want the manky clotch xs seats , however 205 gti setas have red centers etc.

A nice set of full leather seats for the back and front would be ideal but what choices is there.

Ive thought about 306 gti6 seats and there is info about how to fit the fronts however im worried about the rears fitting.

Any idea guys,

309 goodwood seats would be an idea but its finding a mint set with no worn bolsters, or finding a dirt cheap set to get retrimmed.

jonnygoodhand

I wouldn't be too put off by the worn bolster. Transplanting a new foam bolster isn't that difficult and I've seen some stunning results from cheap leather repair kits.

Tesstuff

I could have sworn a set of 309 Goodwood leathers went up for sale on the forum today mate :lol:

DamirGTI

A pair of nice leather Citroen XM seats perhaps ? :lol: and just get the OE rears leather re-trimed ..

Damir B)

j_turnell

Agree with Damir, XM seats look great and are very comfy, had them in my old 205, only downside is you slide around a little when hooning it round the twisties, easy to fit too, just some simple brackets.

100_0961.jpg

DamirGTI

.. these ones really looks smashing :lol:

Damir B)

Gentry_Ba

hi!

hmm, the xm one's look really really fine! :angry:

can you tell me, how to fit them? this would be really nice!

cheers,

matthias

j_turnell

This has been covered before mate. Some simple brackets were used and bolted to the 205 subframes, once all the xm electric motors had been removed, only used brackets on one side of the seat, shifting the seat in, as it was a little close clearance wise with the door bins, the bolt holes lined up perfectly on the other side.

Pic059.jpg

Retained the tilt mechanism and plastic panel.

interiorfinished1.jpg

The only thing left to do was to weld some 205 adjusters on the end of the xm spindles as the xm reclining mech was electric rather than manual. It wasnt possible to retain any of the electic as the seat sat far to high!

Edited by j_turnell

Gentry_Ba

:angry: thank you for the pictures!

hmm, I think I have to look for a pair of those... :lol:

Edited by Gentry_Ba