• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

106 Quicksilver Starting Issue

djinuk

Ok , have a 106 quicksilver 1.4 8v tu engine.

Most the time the car starts runs and works fine.

Other times the car will turns over forever without even trying to fire, theres fuel in the rail however im not sure if theres power at the coilpack.

Its very random, the car will also bumpstart without a problem.

The problem is random, cold/warm weather etc, its getting more common by the day however.

The car also has a problem that when left to idle for 5 mins or so it eventually cuts out (maybe related problem)

Ocassionaly aswell in situations such as pulling onto a roundabout in 2nd and then giving power to pull off the car will loose power and almost die but then spring into life and hurl yourself over the island.

A friend has said it maybe the Ecu temp sensor playing up.

Anyideas on this folks, i hope all the above makes sence.

Brian M

Things that spring to my mind are: Idle control valve, stepper motor or coil pack. Those are the general points of call for TU engines.

djinuk

well ive think ive worked it out now..

ive unplugged the ecu temp sensor and its not failed again, surpose i best replace it asap though.

djinuk

i eat my hat, this morning it would not start.. plugged the sensor back in and it fired straight into life :S its confusing me now.