• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
StuF215

Where Do You Stick Your Boot Switch?

StuF215

I want an alarm so im fitting all the solenoids and switches myself cos I dont want some alarm place messing my interior up. Its not that I dont trust them I just want to know where stuff goes and how stuff has gone back on etc.

On the rear it seems the realistic place is on the corner by a rear light but I can see it getting snapped off.

Where does everyone have theirs? on the bootlid itself?? On the side?

While im here can anyone recommend a half decent alarm and imob? The alarm centre says Gemini is what they would fit.

Im after remote central locking so I look cool before I get in :lol:

kyepan
I want an alarm so im fitting all the solenoids and switches myself cos I dont want some alarm place messing my interior up. Its not that I dont trust them I just want to know where stuff goes and how stuff has gone back on etc.

On the rear it seems the realistic place is on the corner by a rear light but I can see it getting snapped off.

Where does everyone have theirs? on the bootlid itself?? On the side?

While im here can anyone recommend a half decent alarm and imob? The alarm centre says Gemini is what they would fit.

Im after remote central locking so I look cool before I get in :lol:

from what my alarm chap keeps telling me, these are the bits that corrode quickly and give false alarms.. please excuse the pun.

so where ever you sight it think about water ingress first.

Tom Fenton

Use the standard boot switch which is concealed behind the trim. Tilt type switch.

tagy

You should be able to make use of the existing boot switch that turns the light on.

Beaten to it :lol:

Edited by tagy

StuF215

Are cool I didnt think of that switch :lol: that'll save running a wire!

What alarms do you guys use?

Many thanks!

James_m

Toad Ai606. My 205 came with one 3 years ago and i dont think its ever gone off without reason. Same with friends using the same alarm. I would'nt really bother with anything else personally, though i have no experiences with other brands so cant really comment on anything else!

cybernck

I wouldn't rely on that standard switch... :lol:

timmsy19

another one for a Toad Ai606 :D

had no real issues with mine since fitting apart from my starter motor sending to much power down the wires and frying it

got a replacement "brain" unit from toad and had to pay for a wiring loom again but its fine now oh yeah and a brand new starter :lol:

StuF215
cybernck Posted Today, 11:27 AM

I wouldn't rely on that standard switch...

I just had a fiddle with the standard tilt switch and it didnt seem to happy 1 in every 4 lifts of the boot lid it didnt turn the light on! I tried to order a new one from pug but they couldn't find it on Servicebox! Doesn't fill me with confidence about the thing

Anyone know the part number?

I like the sound of the ai606, on ebay for £110. What a bargin

stutto

I have fitted a pin switch on the boot lid.

stutto

a5856896.jpg

Needed trimming but IMO an improvement over the tilt switch.

I used the tilt switch wiring, possibly with a small extension.

Edited by stutto

cybernck

What does this Toad alarm have over the most basic alarm system?

StuF215

Nice one, its a bit more out the way up there than sticking up from below good effort

SurGie
What does this Toad alarm have over the most basic alarm system?

Its reliable with no or little problems, and its a Toad alarm, nuff said lol.

StuF215

Toad Ai606

The Toad Ai606 alarm is fully Thatcham category 1 compliant and includes a comprehensive range of security features including; door, bonnet and boot protection, ultrasonic interior protection, 2 circuit immobilisation, a self powered siren and distress alert is complemented by many convenient enhancements including remote control central locking, system override, headlight operation and vehicle dependent window and sunroof close.Two high security remotes are included with the Toad Ai606 alarm and the battery backup siren will continue even if intruder cuts all the cables, programmable auto door locking when car is started has been designed to prevent car jacking The Toad Ai606 also has remote controlled headlight timer and remote controlled tailgate or boot opening with flashing indicators.

I believe u can a pager alert if your alarm goes off.

Im not sure how this alarm compares to all the other ones out there but it seems good on paper.

GLPoomobile

Gemini? Never heard of them before.

On my first 205 I had the Ai606 and the boot switch was placed on the plastic trim that the parcel shelf sits on. So right at the back, where the trim angles down 45 degrees to match the shape of the boot, that's where it was.

StuF215

Gemini car alarms have been around for over 25 years with a long-standing presence in the main European and world markets as a supplier of car security systems (with operations in over 45 countries and 4 continents) has made the Gemini trademark into one of the most highly reputed the world over. All Gemini car alarms processes are certified according to standards UNI EN ISO 9001-2000, to guarantee the quality and reliability of the organisation and its products. Homologations Some of the products are homologated by the most important insurance companies' associations all over Europe, that indicates once more the standard quality of the company.

Gemini car alarm 7590 Thatcham category 1 alarm and immobiliser insurance approved.

•Universal central door locking

•Self-learning rolling code two channel transmitters

•Built-in double engine immobilisation

•Built-in ultrasonic volumetric sensor

•Override electronic key

•Perimetrical protection

•Blinker alarm

•Blinker alarm memory

•Led's alarm memory

•Output for coded siren

•Output for additional siren or horn

•Comfort system (positive and negative)

•Output for additional modules

•Input for hard wired sensors

•Input for wireless sensors

•Remote control battery charge indicator

•Cenntral door locking timing (0,5-6 sec.)

•Buzzer during arming and disarming

•Buzzer alarm memory

•Voltage drop sensor

•Panic function

•Ecslusion of the siren and/or external sensor

•Passive arming of the system

•Automatic rearming of the system

•Automatic door locking while in motion

•Double pulse at the opening

•Boot opening.

I dont know what options you have to pay extra for but I like the sound of the wireless sensor input never seen that myself but im no alarm freak.

cybernck
On my first 205 I had the Ai606 and the boot switch was placed on the plastic trim that the parcel shelf sits on. So right at the back, where the trim angles down 45 degrees to match the shape of the boot, that's where it was.

That's where I've had it placed on mine as well - seemed like the most convenient place.

jason7579

I'm sure someone on here mentioned replacing the standard boot switch with a mercury tilt switch - though not sure how reliable they are either???