• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mark205T45

Longmans 1600 Head Spec

Mark205T45
Sounds similar to what I'm doing and having the same dilemna about recurved dizzy vs mapped ignition, from a money point of view anyway.

I've roughly worked out that it's either 100 or so for a H&H dizzy or 4 or 5 times that for mapped ignition, including the mapping. I'm still undecided if the gains of going mappable are going to be worth that much more or not.

Has anyone tried both on the same (or similar) setup?

By the way, who is setting your engine up? I'm taking mine to Mikeanics as I need to get the car on the rollers there anyway for my championship but have heard that he knows 205's very well.

My engine in car now made over 150 bhp on a std dizzy and this engine is far more superior then the current one so 160bhp is my aim.....

Sigma Engineering is who is setting carbs etc up

DamirGTI

Dizzy recurving job at H&H costs just around 20.00 quid + postage :)

Upon deciding which ignition system to use after engine mods , dizzy vs mappable , i choose modified dizzy ... though id go for mappable ignition in the first place but i couldn't do that cos i was unable to find anyone who knows how to map the bloody thing here in this country :) and in the case of ignition mapping , if done badly it can quite easily cost the blown engine B)

Damir B)

sideways danny

mapped ignition is the only way to extract the full potential

Baz

Seems a bit of a waste to not go th whole hog to me Mark, especially seeing as you were offered those TB's & management so cheap mate!

Mark205T45

This isnt happening now as the idiot let me down....

So im after a 1.6/1.9/mi competition engine if anyone has one?

Baz

s*it luck! :(

Sign in to follow this