• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Ms Starting Then Stalling Grrr

pugpete1108

i have been trying without success to get my car running again after a few days not working on it and have had no joy

i can get it to start then it dies immediatly, have tried messing with the req_fuel but still no joy.

nothing has changed since it was running so i cant figure it out.

it will only tick over at about 600-700 rpm for a few seconds then it stalls??

i'm gonna check timing again when i have charged the battery again, but what else should i be checking? its soo frustrating as i thought i had it sorted. ;)

Galifrey

Is the fuel pump running okay once started?

pugpete1108
Is the fuel pump running okay once started?

yeah it shows as running on the megatune and i can hear it whining

hcmini1989
yeah it shows as running on the megatune and i can hear it whining

pull the pipe of before the reg and make sure its pumping seen a few that sounded like they were working ok and havnt been pumping anything out and have a look at the pressure reg itself if you can get your hands on pressure guage .next thing is how much fuel is in it and how old is it .

i have all this to come <_<

pugpete1108
pull the pipe of before the reg and make sure its pumping seen a few that sounded like they were working ok and havnt been pumping anything out and have a look at the pressure reg itself if you can get your hands on pressure guage .next thing is how much fuel is in it and how old is it .

i have all this to come <_<

i put two new jerry cans of fuel in it recently, so its not that and it does tick over-just- but only for 10 secs maybe so i guess its getting enough fuel too. but its only idling at 6-700 rpms if that.

i'm gonna recheck the crank timing and trigger angle as i fiddled with that.