• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

How Well Does Satin Paint Wear

pugpete1108

i've just rattle canned the wifes front bumper on her mgf in satin black (purely as it was red on a green car and stood out like a sore thumb) and i quite like the look of it ;)

i was just going to matt black it but they didnt have any so i brought satin instead, and i know its just lazy but i like the easyness of the aplication and finish (no flatting to get a good polish etc.)

i am seriously considering doing the whole 205 in satin black in a sort of rat look stylee, and i was just wondering if anyone had done the similar and how well it faired over time, bearing in mind it will be mostly garaged.

madspikes

I'm in the process of doing exactly this. I'm using Halfords finest black stain paint... Only doing it quickly, just to make the car the same colour!

The whole of this side has been done...

DSC00487.jpg

The rear 1/4 was done a while ago when it was really hot, and it has come out a different colour to the door, and roof which where done when it was cooler.

Kinds stuck now the weather has changed....

Mad.

pugpete1108

that settles it then :wacko: cheers mad

is that all done from rattle cans?

MerlinGTI

to answer the orginal question, it weathers badly. Water stains etc... and if you try and polish them out you get a semi gloss effect. There are matt laquers but again, forget about waxing your car.... ever. :(

madspikes
to answer the orginal question, it weathers badly. Water stains etc... and if you try and polish them out you get a semi gloss effect. There are matt laquers but again, forget about waxing your car.... ever. :)

I did have some issues with staining on the 1/4 but the front wind and door seem ok at the moment.

that settles it then :( cheers mad

is that all done from rattle cans?

I would wait and see how my car weathers before jumping in and doing yours mate.... As Marlin could be right...

Mad.

pugpete1108
I did have some issues with staining on the 1/4 but the front wind and door seem ok at the moment.

I would wait and see how my car weathers before jumping in and doing yours mate.... As Marlin could be right...

Mad.

it would not be a permanent fix just as you say to get the car all the same colour and smooth/straight and it would look alot prettier than grey primer :)