• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

1.6 Vtr Into 1.4 106 Quicksilver

dcc

Is this as simple as swapping over all the componants and then running it with the 1.6 ecu/loom mated in?

A friend has just bought the 1.6 vtr engine to put it into a quicksilver and has asked me to help him get it running. is there anything to take note of which wont be used in the conversion?

welshpug

pretty much, if they're a similar age you might be lucky with the Round plugs on the l/h inner wing behind the headlamp, either swap the corresponding immobiliser bits or run it with an unlocked ecu.

not sure which fuel pipe/pump/pressure regulator the 1.4 uses, some have tank mounted regulators and a single fuel line to the engine, some have a more traditional fuel feed with reg at the front and a return line.

run it with the VTR box, they have an uprated diff over the lesser engines, check that the hubs match, later driveshafts have a tapered section on the CV joint where it meets the bearing.

james_pug

will be very lucky if the wiring on the multi plugs is the same, normaly peugeot and citroen ones are different, i dont think theres much differnce on the sensors though so may be worth looking if you can use the 1.4 loom. use the vtr driveshafts as they have the intermediate bearing but be careful what hubs taper it has like welshpug said.

dcc

So just picked this engine up...

he wants to rebuild it first before it gets put in.

Looking for some opinions on a good fast road cam to use without having to worry about valve clearances.

It didnt come with a VTR box, so its going to be the 1.4 box which will be used (its low ish mileage anyway).

All I think I will have from the vtr is the wiring loom and ECU. So which bits would I need from the immobaliser Mei? Would it be best to just get the ECU unlocked and run it that way?

What bits from the 1.4 could be used?

He doesnt have the 1.6 exhaust manifold, air sensor and something else - cant remember.

Cheers

Dan.