• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

16" Nimrods - Which Tyres?

M@tt

I've just bought a set of 16" nimrods off Calvin to go on my black 205 but the tyres will need replacing and the standard 205/50/16's on them are too big so i wondered if anyone runs them and if so which tyres fit?

they do 195/45's and 205/45's which i think is going to be the choice between

welshpug

195 is closest in rolling circumference (under by 0.44%) but most look a bit stretched on the 6.5" width, 205 is over by 1.1% but gives the rims a bit of protection.

I had a pair of each on the set I had!

Mongo
195 is closest in rolling circumference (under by 0.44%) but most look a bit stretched on the 6.5" width, 205 is over by 1.1% but gives the rims a bit of protection.

I had a pair of each on the set I had!

205's will rub if you dont put spacers on.

It also spoiled the handling for me running them without spacers, hence i went for 15mm hubcentric on the front and rear. That is ofcourse if they are the ET28 offset ones from the 206.

The 195's as said, do leave the rim sticking out though, but even with the 205's fitted, they roll the lip outwards which doesnt really protect it if up against a kerb, as when i originally had mine, they were badly kerbed and they had 205's on em, but then they were from a 206 CC...

M@tt

these are from a 405 so have the proper offset (well closest to as dammit)

only other issue is i'm runnign a 309 beam so might have problems there as well ;)