• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

Prices For Oem Trim And Bumpers Etc

richystran

Hi i just bought second hand trim for my 205 gti and to be honest its been just a waste of time and money. I have decided to just buy all new stuff, i have new inserts for both doors and sides all ready so i dont need that.

What i need is as follows-- All needs to be phase 2 "black trim"

Front Bumper

Back Bumber

All drivers side trim

All passengers side trim

Front bumper red insert

back bumper red insert

And a fitting kit.

Also front valance/spoiler

Does anyone in here have a price for this lot directly individually from peugeot and the part numbers, i see these parts on autofive but im sure they are cheaper off peugeot!

I want this 205 of mine to be very original and mint as it stands at the min it needs alot of work! look below --

dsc00432a.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Atari Boy

You had better have deep pockets, I looked into new Pug exterior trim and bumpers, to go round the whole car in bumpers, arch trim etc but excluding the red metal parts my local dealer quoted £425.

Then, this is the best parts, two parts were no longer availible unless a dealer has them

in stock already.

Rock Lobster

What is wrong with the trim you have?

Mine was discoloured, almost white in places, but after a coat a plasticare plastic dye is come up as new! There is a thread on here showing before and after pics. Great stuff.

lemmingzappa

I've heard you can heat up the trim with a heatgun and then let it cool down naturally and it should restore it's colour ? (protect the surrounding paintwork with tin foil)

Never tried it though.

richystran
You had better have deep pockets, I looked into new Pug exterior trim and bumpers, to go round the whole car in bumpers, arch trim etc but excluding the red metal parts my local dealer quoted £425.

Then, this is the best parts, two parts were no longer availible unless a dealer has them

in stock already.

Hi i really dont mind shelling out as the car is getting a full respray too, i wasnt expecting it to be over £400 though!

Mine was discoloured, almost white in places, but after a coat a plasticare plastic dye is come up as new! There is a thread on here showing before and after pics. Great stuff.

Both bumpers are broken and the other side are all broke this side is the good side, the last owner met a hedge while drunk!

Rock Lobster

Have a look on the autofive website mate, they do packages iirc. Don't think it'll be oe stuff though.

Veero

IIRC a new bumper from Pug OEM is around £100 each. Prices do differe for front and rear but that's the ballpark. If they are still available.

rubyna

Definatly give another thumbs up for plasticare,real good stuff if prepped and applied right..

Luke.

pablo

front arches are 28+vat each mate I bought two yesterday from curtis pug in newtownabbey. you cant get the drivers door trim iirc.

if any bits are physically ok then clean, heat up a little with a heatgun and spray lightly with halfords matt black paint. Just enough to get it all black again. works a treat. dont use primer or anything though and use as little paint as possible

miamichris

^^ I use Curtis peugeot in Newtownabbey too mate, spent a small fortune in there on my 205's! Nice fellas in there too, michael and wilson are the parts guys :)

I dont think you need to bother respraying the bumpers, its a lot of work tbh. That plasticare stuff is great, used the grey one on the plastics for my xs and gti and they came up really well. A coat of autoglym bumper care once in while keeps them looking good too! B)

If you have a decent set of plastics, get a few coats of plasticare on them first and see how you get on, plenty of people on here have had good results with it ( you get it on ebay).

As far as I know a couple of the plastics are no longer available from peugeot ;)

Miles

Try Neat Auto's for Bumper's, Last time they had the OE one's allot cheaper

chrisj21

Service box isn't listing either door plastic trims as nfp so you should still be able to get them.

Chris

ravydavy

Ive just bought a new front and rear bumper. all new side mouldings and all the clips and stuff to put everything on and it came to bout 550 quid straight from peugeot. all bits are still available. the dealer said they were in new type bags so they are obviously still making 205 bits as we speak.

Regards david

Galifrey
the dealer said they were in new type bags so they are obviously still making 205 bits as we speak.

Regards david

Keeping the factories busy while nobody is buying new cars and everyone is buying old cars

:ph34r:

richystran

Thanks for the replys, i just got some of that plasticare in black and its good stuff, really brings them up. Still need to get bumpers though as they are scuffed!