• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

405 Mi16 (leather) Seats Into 205

DrSarty

As per title, but when I mean "fit", I mean one-for-one swap, straight in, no dramas?

I've heard they do but would like confirmation please yay or nay.

I suppose the other option is just swapping the rails.

Quick help/answer appreciated please.

richsmells

They're wider so will need some jiggery pokery. You'll need to adapt your existing rails to fit the 405 subframe, or make up an adapter bracket to attach the 205 seat subframe to the 405 seat base if you wish to retain the tilt mechanism.

Similar scenario when fitting 309, 306, Cit XM seats etc IIRC.

Edited by richsmells

DrSarty

Thanks Rich.

I gathered they were wider but you're saying the mounts etc are not a direct match (?).

I don't need tilt anymore, so I could just make permanent rails such that they still slide.

Hmmmm...

richsmells

Yeah. If you get the welder out, you can adapt the 205 chassis seat mounts (i.e. fit new bars) so that they a) are safer & b ) allow you to bolt standard 405 seat subframe straight in. A custom job.

If you don't want to go to so much effort, the other option is to use some steel brackets or suchlike to bolt to the standard 205 chassis mounting then bolt the 405 seat and subframe to these.

Edit: or.... use brackets directly on the bottom of the seat to fit it to the 205 tilting subframe, then bolt this into the car as normal.

Edited by richsmells

steve@cornwall

Where the doors bolt on on a 205 there are 2 plates to reinforce the mounting on the inside of the door. these are the perfect spacing for mounting 405 leather front seats to your 205. However, although beautifully comfortable , these seats are nowhere near as supportive as the 205 seats for spirited cornering - you can slide all over the place.

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

I've done a couple.

Mounted as above (spaced toward the centre) they are a tight fit on the handbrake surround, but just give clearance to the original door pocket

Edited by steve@cornwall

DrSarty

Thanks Steve.

I shall close this thread now I have the answers I needed, and considering I am old now, I shall combat potential in-seat sliding either by eating many pies and pasties or pissing myself so I stick to the seat.

Comfort is what I'm after. :)