• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CTI STU

Xs Arches

CTI STU

I know this has prob been asked and I have tryed to search but couldn't find anything -

How easy/hard is it to fit Gti arches etc on to my '91 XS?

Thanks

yorkshirekowboy
I know this has prob been asked and I have tryed to search but couldn't find anything -

How easy/hard is it to fit Gti arches etc on to my '91 XS?

Thanks

ull need to cut the rear quarter arch to fit the rear arches.

CTI STU
ull need to cut the rear quarter arch to fit the rear arches.

Is that all I need to do? The wings/rear quaters arnt flaired on a gti then?

yorkshirekowboy
Is that all I need to do? The wings/rear quaters arnt flaired on a gti then?

the gti rear quarters are different shape compared to the base models/xs as they have a straighter look to them. Have a look on the car projects section, try and find a gti shell without the arches on then you'l understand what i mean. Pretty sure the fronts arches will go one but either you glue the arches on or you have drill holes to allow the arch clips to clip to the wings. Doors should be ok, but on gti models along with the rear arches have small pot rivets in for the red strip clips to clip them on... over all it can be done but it can be quite hard to have them all lined up correctly etc :)

Edited by surferkid205

ilovemypug

some one on here has done this... and the chap cut some slits the rear pannels a bit and folded them in.. not sure how he did the rest though

but its a cut and past =) job

there was french guy on youtube that converted his 205 junior to a gti worth looking

was looking for the project.. andi cant find it sorry mate

CTI STU

Looks like I just need to cut the rear arch higher up so its like a arch shape then glue the arch on?

I thought maybe the gti rear quater flared out a bit but looks like it just cut to more of a arch shape.

Should be quite easy to get a air hacksaw and cut the arch higher up and glue the gti trim on??

ilovemypug

suppose its a question of slaughter hehehehehe then prime and protect the exposed metal after its been cut.. but in terms of application, most cars i have seen opt to put rivets..

steve@cornwall

I prefer the non-kitted "look"

11front.jpg