• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wrighty_1988

1.9 Gti Wheels On Base Model?

Wrighty_1988

Hey, Just a nice quick question, if i were to buy some 1.9 Alloys for my 1.4 XS would there be any problems if i were to use them with a 35-40mmish drop ?. The car is fully stripped out so no worry with people in the back, car is going to be track orientated tho so dont really want much or any rubbing. Thanks alot :)

Batfink

you can have issues with the rear rubbing if too low

swordfish210

I use 1.9 wheels on mine and have done ever since i've owned it. With the base model beam it used to rub on the inner arch but only slightly. With a 1.6 beam it didnt rub at all and with a 1.9 beam it gets a light bit of rubbage on the outer arch if i hit a big bump.

Wrighty_1988
I use 1.9 wheels on mine and have done ever since i've owned it. With the base model beam it used to rub on the inner arch but only slightly. With a 1.6 beam it didnt rub at all and with a 1.9 beam it gets a light bit of rubbage on the outer arch if i hit a big bump.

Thanks for the answers guys, seems when it comes to me getting an upgrade torsion bar for the back ill aim for a 1.6 :excl: