• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Team BDR

Vems Wideband Question

Team BDR

I have a VEMS wideband lambda system but I need to get the car through an mot before I can tune it. This means I need to use the stock ecu which requires a narrowband input. My question is will the guage display the wideband output whilst set to narrowband or will it just read rich/stoich/lean? I'd like to get an idea of the stock afr/s so that I can use them as target's/guidance when I tune the megasquirt.

TIA,

Rob

sub205
I have a VEMS wideband lambda system but I need to get the car through an mot before I can tune it. This means I need to use the stock ecu which requires a narrowband input. My question is will the guage display the wideband output whilst set to narrowband or will it just read rich/stoich/lean? I'd like to get an idea of the stock afr/s so that I can use them as target's/guidance when I tune the megasquirt.

TIA,

Rob

sure it will, you just reconfigure the output, not the way it works internally.

when you connect the lambda to the stock ecu you will almost everytime get afr 14.7, because the ecu tries to lock these afr.

disconnect lambda wire, drive and record afr / rpm / load to get a clue whats really going on inside your ecu.

its wise to tune about 14.7 nearly everywhere except in the higher revs with full load, there a bit richer is better, optimally configured by an egt to check the temperature of the exhaust steam.

[L'e$kro]

Same idea here

I'd like to replace my megasquirt loom by a gti-6 loom with ECU connector, and use the megasquirt with a patch loom, so I can swap ECUs easily.

I have a innovate LC-1 wideband and would like to use the simulated narrowband output with the stock gti-6 ECU.

I don't really fancy swapping the lambdas every time I swap ECUs, nor have 2 lambdas

If any of you have feedbacks about using wideband lambda kits with stock ECU please let us now!

Nicolas

sub205
' date='Sep 22 2009, 11:32 AM' post='990354']

Same idea here

I'd like to replace my megasquirt loom by a gti-6 loom with ECU connector, and use the megasquirt with a patch loom, so I can swap ECUs easily.

I have a innovate LC-1 wideband and would like to use the simulated narrowband output with the stock gti-6 ECU.

I don't really fancy swapping the lambdas every time I swap ECUs, nor have 2 lambdas

If any of you have feedbacks about using wideband lambda kits with stock ECU please let us now!

Nicolas

i have this setup also. changine the ecu to megasquirt requires either reconfiguration of the lc1 or alternatively use the other output of the controller (used for the display, has wideband-signal), a simple switch will do the trick!

[L'e$kro]
i have this setup also. changine the ecu to megasquirt requires either reconfiguration of the lc1 or alternatively use the other output of the controller (used for the display, has wideband-signal), a simple switch will do the trick!

Thank you for the answer! Sorry for the late reply I didn't get any reply alert

Did you see that in Tuner Studio you have the choice of lambda input for the LC-1 ( simulated narrowband or regular wideband )?

Maybe in simulated narrowband mode it could have proper readings?

Nicolas

sub205
' date='Oct 2 2009, 11:06 PM' post='993481']

Thank you for the answer! Sorry for the late reply I didn't get any reply alert

Did you see that in Tuner Studio you have the choice of lambda input for the LC-1 ( simulated narrowband or regular wideband )?

Maybe in simulated narrowband mode it could have proper readings?

Nicolas

???

simply switch megasquirt to wideband mode, megaconfig to lc-1 mode and use the output of the lc-1 thats going to the round display to feed the ego-input of the megasquirt. theres nothing more about it!

Team BDR

I finally got this all fitted and wired in and its throwing an error code and not even heating up. I bought it from Sean Mckeown on here who unknown to me at the time had the same problem. I've checked all my wiring, have seperated the clean and dirty earths etc and its still happing so im out of ideas.

Does anyone have previous experiance of this or recommend a solution? I've been in touch with the VEMS forum but would be nice to know if this is a common problem or not?

jackherer
I bought it from Sean Mckeown on here

Are you sure you didn't buy it from him on another forum? I'm pretty sure he ceased to be a member here prior to you becoming one.

Team BDR

Yea it was on 106 RR but since he has a 205 I thought he'd spend more time on here plus there's been 2 group buys for VEMS WB's here so thought there'd be more support. Why does he have a bad rep or something? I've been lurking on here for years btw but only got a 205 in the last year...

paulsupervts84

its very easy to change as you can switch settings to narrowband