• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Incredibly Stupid Question, I Feel Like A Moron For Asking...

M_R_205

as title realy, it just dosent seem to record any data :S

Paul.

RossD

Are you using a USB/Serial convertor? I'm in the same boat at the moment, it just wont start logging. It works fine if fed straight through from a serial port on my old laptop though!

I think an email to Emerald is on order!

M_R_205
Are you using a USB/Serial convertor? I'm in the same boat at the moment, it just wont start logging. It works fine if fed straight through from a serial port on my old laptop though!

I think an email to Emerald is on order!

Iv acctualy just got it sorted on mine, apparently it logs automaticaly when the criteria are met, so i set it to start logging about 600rph and stop when it drops below 500 and its sorted now, feel like a bit of a dips*it lol

Paul.

All i can say is make sure you have the correct driver`s for the usb/serial converter, as untill i updated mine it would randomly think the ecu was a USB mouse :S

RossD

Weird, I've disabled the auto-trigger (as it wasn't enabling when it should have been) but it still wont activate. I'll have to try and dig about some more and find out what's going on. Stupid thing is, the Live Adjustments screen is working fine, but the logger is saying it's not recieving any data!!

Yea, I've got the Emerald supplied USB/Serial convertor with the correct driver installed - Mine will randomly think it's a mouse too which doesnt help.

Edited by RossD

M_R_205

you need to have the auto trigger enabled as there is no manual trigger, Thats what got me lol, if you do what i have done and set the trigger to RPM and set the values at 500 to start recording and 400 to stop it will start to record when the engine fires up, and stop when the engine is off.

HTH

Paul.

Edited by M_R_205

RossD

Thats the odd thing, I've set the auto trigger to come on at 500rpm and turn off at 9000rpm (i.e it never turns off). Works fine through serial port on old laptop, doesnt work on new laptop with USB\Serial. Does my head in!!