• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gman

What Sensor Is This?

Gman

Slowly but surely I'm getting on with my 205 gti6 project. I've just labelled the loom but could someone tell me what is the sensor directly above the oil filter?

IMG_0194.jpg

Using the senson guide it looks like the oil pressure sender, but this is from a phase 3 gti6 so shouldn't have one. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Graham

gti-si

Oil pressure switch

Gman
Oil pressure switch

So if I want my pressure gauge to work, I need to swap the sensor from the 205 with this one (using an adapter or T piece)?

Thanks Si

Goliath

Yes, you can buy a T piece off Miles. Or get one from an S16/2.0 8v.

Gman
Yes, you can buy a T piece off Miles. Or get one from an S16/2.0 8v.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but if by using a t-piece you retain the 306 low pressure warning and 205 oil pressure gauge, how is it all connected when there is only the same part of the loom but now two sensors instead of just one?

Thanks

Daviewonder

you would use one of the wires from your 205 loom.

Gman
you would use one of the wires from your 205 loom.

Thanks, but would that mean connecting it to the 205 end of the loom? If so I think I'll just go with the s16 sender!

gti-si

Yeah obviously...you'll still need to do that if you use the s16 sensor as your loom won't have a plug for it....It only means conencting one wire up to your brown under dash plug mate, easy work either way

sub205
Yeah obviously...you'll still need to do that if you use the s16 sensor as your loom won't have a plug for it....It only means conencting one wire up to your brown under dash plug mate, easy work either way

the 2.0 8v sensor is far the best variant. i'm using it and i'm very happy. no fiddling with t-parts., just mount and connect. unfortunately a new one is about 125euro (100 pound?) so i hope mine will never make problems. :ph34r: