• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Wiring Diagram Queery

Daviewonder

Hi, just in the middle of tidying up my wiring and relocating my ecu and I just need to know what the bits Ive circled are all about, does the wire just circle the others or is something else going on?

xu10j2te-1.gif

Cheers, Dave.

Daviewonder

Actually now I've thought about it does it mean they have a protective sleeve round them to stop interference?

Edited by Daviewonder

sub205
Actually now I've thought about it does it mean they have a protective sleeve round them to stop interference?

these cables are shielded. you can use good quality microphone cable for this job. especially cables for professional audio / stage technics are very solid and should be optimal for this.

the shield is used as a cable, you can see the big dot that marks which cable is the shield. shielding is very important, especially for the vr-sensor! a bad shielded vr-sensor will give you missfire and stuff like that.

lambda is not as critical, but shielding does not harm. :ph34r:

Daviewonder

how would anyone recommened repairing a 2" gap in the protective sleeve? would aluminium tape do the trick?

Edited by Daviewonder

sub205
how would anyone recommened repairing a 2" gap in the protective sleeve? would aluminium tape do the trick?

the shield of an coax antenna cable would probably be better. and, most important, it should be soldered to get contact on both sides!

try to get some shield from an coax antenna, remove the pins out of the plug and try to fiddle them trough the coax shield so you can get the shield in place. solder the shield and use a shrink tubing to seal everything. should work and be stable. aluminium will just get no right contact, corrode and cause problems which are hard to track afterwards.

Daviewonder

ok mate I'll have a go at repairing now I know how.

Cheers :)

Galifrey
Shielding Tape for repairing shielded cable with breaks in it, conductive adhesive to bond to existing shield!