• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

306 Speedo In A 205?

madspikes

Thinking about fitting a digital (non cable type) speedo from a 306 / 406 to the 205, wondering if anyone has tried this before?

Mad... :P

gti-si

I'm interested in doing this as well mad...I can't remember whether it was someones 205 V6 or HDI but someone but the clocks in, looked very smart.

madspikes

Never one to do things simply, I dont want to just add the clocks as is... I want to add the workings of the 306 speedo behind the 205 front as I want to keep the 205 look but want the later type workings. I'm expecting that to get it to read right I'll have to tweak some of the resistors, like I did for my rev counter.

Mad. :)

gti-si

Ahh I'm with you. But yeah, thats the main reason I wanted to put the 306 dashclocks in and get rid of the rev counter loom and then use the gti6 speed sensor getting rid of the cable altogether. I guess it would be alot of cutting, and all you would really keep is the black clock front, everything behind would obviously have to be swapped out...seems very involved Mad, but no doubt possible...

I guess then the only other problem is the actual scale of the clocks...like you say, some pretty involved work with resistors to get it to read right on the 205 clock front....I think your Mad... :)

madspikes

Cant be that hard... As I've shoehorned a supercharger into the 205...

I need little projects that can be done inside to keep me going over the winter...

Mad. :)

Hilgie

I've done it on my CTi T16 as there was no space left to route the speedo cable through.

You basically need the speedometer from a 306 1.6 with Jaeger clocks. Disassemble, modify the 205 housing a bit with a drill and put the 306 speedo in. Now just some wiring from the ECU and done.

My 205 V6 has a normal speedocable.

Hilgert

Atari Boy

GZK 206 is using full 306 clocks in his 205 '6, even has the digital mileomiter.

Rob Turbo

I have 2 sets of s2 106 clocks, no speedo cable but don't have the digital display, one set I'm keeping to do this conversion on my 205 when I eventually get round to putting it back together, the other set that has a clock instead of arev counter I might part with (I have the pinout for them also).