• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Standard Sunroof Wont Open

Pob

Hi all,

I've had a look through the forum but carnt find what I'm looking for. Ever since I've had my 205 the standard slide type sunroof wont open, since I'm not doing much today I decided to have a look.

I've had a look under the cowling inside the car and the cable is still attached and hasn't pulled through. I've had a look at the pipe connecting the brake servo to the reservoir and that is fine. I'm a little confused how it works, originally I thought a pipe went to the reservoir then off from the reservoir to the sunroof. But when I looked closer today I noticed there is a T piece going into the bulk head near the brake servo with what looks like a one-way valve on it.

Would being able to sucking and blow air through the pipe that connects to the reservoir mean there is something wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Rock Lobster

From what I remember, the vacuum pipe come from the servo, into a T piece. One pipe then goes to the reservoir, and the other to the sunroof.

And the cable attached to the handle releases some sort of latch?

You could also try breaking the seal with your fingers as mine was stuck to the glass and incredibly difficult to open!

Pob
From what I remember, the vacuum pipe come from the servo, into a T piece. One pipe then goes to the reservoir, and the other to the sunroof.

And the cable attached to the handle releases some sort of latch?

You could also try breaking the seal with your fingers as mine was stuck to the glass and incredibly difficult to open!

The seal is solid so the air will need releasing.

Thanks,

Dan

Gentrix

I say its the cable under the handle - remove the handle cowling - take a plier and a second person. Use the plier to pull strong on the cabel - second person should slide the sunroof back.

Tom Fenton

If you can easily suck through the reservoir something is wrong, and it will not allow any vacuum to build to operate the seal.