• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
phil19gti

The Famous Rattle

phil19gti

As we know the 205's rattle, it's just life. But the only one that annoys me is the rattle that appears to come from the passenger side sun viser. All of my 205's have had it.

Has anyone ever found out where this comes from and cured it?

DrSarty

I hope you get it fixed; but they don't all rattle, or even squeek. :angry:

phil19gti

Spill the beans on how to de-rattle a 205.

Edited by phil19gti

cRaig
Spill the beans on how to de-rattle a 205.

I raided new trim clips from a few 106's at the scrappy, and then stuck all the dashboard and trim in with clear silicone :wub:

Coupled with a load of dynamat and other soundproofing it was like a new car :angry:

Goliath

Its either a loose (worn) clip where you can unclip the sun visor or it could be the sunroof handle?

Anthony

There's a metal clip that retains the sunvisor which gets bent/worn and lets the sunvisor vibrate - either bend the metal clip back in such a way that it holds the sunvisor tightly, or wrap some tape around the sunvisor to take up the slack. Well, that, or just turn the stereo up to drown it out...

phil19gti
Its either a loose (worn) clip where you can unclip the sun visor or it could be the sunroof handle?

It's definitely in that area. To me it sounds like the visor. You always try and listen out for it whilst driving but you still can't work outwhere it's from.

SurGie

I don't want to put a dampener on things but my 205 has never rattled or squeaked for that matter & iv had three

of them over the years and none of them have rattled.

That might change though when i have stiffer springs fitted to it.

Sorrento313

Thanks to all who replied. I guess the rubber washers may have been made by a previous owner. I checked the clips that you referred to and they are plastic on my car and both snapped, hence the rattle! So a couple of strips of rubber membrane and some duck tape later and we seem to have a solution. Now on to the dashboard rattle.

dcc

Holy mother of thread revivals!

• Like 2

Rich_p

It's nice to see people using the search function and referring to older topics

• Like 1