• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jason7579

Slam Panel And Front Grille

jason7579

I am having a big problem removing the front grille and slam panel on my 205 due to the screws being completely rusted on. I'm getting some spray today to see if I can loosen them so I can get them off with a screwdriver but failing that it will be time to get the drill out.

I obviously won't be able to put the originals back on so I am going to pop down to the shops to get some replacements today. What would be the best size / type to replace them with (screws or bolts)? I have Power Steering and the bolt on the right hand side of the slam panel that also holds the power steering clamp came off ok but I forgot to check the size of it.

After reading about the bonnets flying up from slam panels not being fixed down properley I don't want to bodge it but I can't get to Peugeots to get the original type and size.

Thanks

edit: Just checked on servicebox and these are the parts I may need (hard to tell on some of the exploded diagrams)

6924 H2 - Capscrew 6x100-16

6947 G6 - Plain Washer DIAM 6x18-2

6482 04 - Sheath Clip

6922 54 - Self Tap Screw DIAM 6x100-20

6935 08 - Nut with base 6x100-5-12,2

Is the 6x100-16 etc the size of the screw/nut? Would any hardware store understand those numbers?

Thanks

Edited by jason7579

ade 4wd

All the nuts and bolts for the slam panel are standard M6 threads available from any hardware store.

jason7579

Thanks. That'll help out when I go to get some more.