• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Tps Pins

hcmini1989

hi i have a set of gsxr throttle bodies wich have a tps on the side .the tps has 3 pins in it just wondering how to to work out wich pins are wich with a mulitmeter thanks for any help

DrSarty
hi i have a set of gsxr throttle bodies wich have a tps on the side .the tps has 3 pins in it just wondering how to to work out wich pins are wich with a mulitmeter thanks for any help

Have you tried a search, as I know the process has been described on here several times, even in my 2.2 project thread I think.

Basically there is a wiper and a track. You need to find both ends of the rail track; that will have a fixed resistance. Only one pair of pins will give you that.

At that point though, although you'll know the remaining pin is the wiper, you won't know which ends of the track you have yet.

You do that by attaching you multi-meter to one end of the track and the other to the wiper and opening the throttle. Depending on whether the resistance increases or decreases (can't remember which), you'll know how to orientate the track.

So the pins are:

0 or gnd - bottom end of track

+5v ref - top end of track

signal - the wiper

So the signal/voltage coming down the wiper to the ECU will be from 0 to 5volts.

If you can picture that I'm sure you'll understand it. Bottom line is, as long as you suss out the pins as I've described, i.e. what's track and what's wiper, you'll quickly spot if you've got the track ends the wrong way round when you bring up the mapping software and calibrate the TPS.

:) HTH