• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Hole In Rear Arch Bottom

yorkshirekowboy

i was looking over my pug yesterday and noticed where the rear bumper attaches on to the body, the underneath of that i managed to put a hole throught it (opps).

heres a picture to explain better where the holes at,

SNC00009-1.jpg

any ideas hole to brdige the hole. Was thinking chemical metal the whole of that section both top and bottom. Welding i think would be very difficult.

Toddy

I bought a replacement panel which was £8 iirc, only one side was available though I had to fabricate the other side. If you take the rear light unit out you will be able to see the panel, I guess it will all be rotten, this is due to the sunroof drain pipes perishing and splitting causing water to drain onto the top of the panel and not drain out.

yorkshirekowboy
I bought a replacement panel which was £8 iirc, only one side was available though I had to fabricate the other side. If you take the rear light unit out you will be able to see the panel, I guess it will all be rotten, this is due to the sunroof drain pipes perishing and splitting causing water to drain onto the top of the panel and not drain out.

they are 27 quid for both, to weld them in place how hard is it? also would welding the new ones in, damage the paint work on the out side of rear quarter?

Edited by surferkid205

CosKev

Welding in a new panel,or cutting out the rot and plating is the only proper way to do it. :)

Anything else is just a bodge :)

yorkshirekowboy

well went to pug today to order the panels, and guess what...NFP. so going to fill it for now, get plate welded in at a later date. any idea of what a body shop would charge to cut out the rotten and weld in the new? :lol:

CosKev
well went to pug today to order the panels, and guess what...NFP. so going to fill it for now, get plate welded in at a later date. any idea of what a body shop would charge to cut out the rotten and weld in the new? :lol:

You would do well to find a body shop that could be bothered to do it IMO :unsure:

I use a mobile welder,have a search of your local area for one,will be alot cheaper than a bodyshop then seal/paint yourself :)

yorkshirekowboy
You would do well to find a body shop that could be bothered to do it IMO :lol:

I use a mobile welder,have a search of your local area for one,will be alot cheaper than a bodyshop then seal/paint yourself ;)

anybody been able to get panels like what i need? peugeot has NFP on them. Is there after market panels avaiable? Also had this on there 205? Must be a common fault with peugeots with sunroofs?