• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Vss Location

Daviewonder

Hello all,

Im in the middle of doing the wiring on my 2.0 turbo conversion from a 406, I have the bit of the Vehicle Speed Sensor that goes on the gearbox but I understand that theres another part to it thats located elsewhere?

1 Where is this other bit on the donor car?

2 What does this other bit look like?

3 The sensor on my gearbox has 2 wires connecting to it but most others Ive seen have 3, Whats the difference?

Ta

Edited by Daviewonder

pugpete1108
Hello all,

Im in the middle of doing the wiring on my 2.0 turbo conversion, I have the bit of the Vehicle Speed Sensor that goes on the gearbox but I understand that theres another part to it thats located elsewhere?

1 Where is this other bit on the donor car?

2 What does this other bit look like?

3 The sensor on my gearbox has 2 wires connecting to it but most others Ive seen have 3, Whats the difference?

Ta

you mean the crank sensor? afaik there is only the one part-the actual sensor itself which goes direct to the ecu

mine has three wires - a signal, a ground and an earth shield.

not much help really, what donor car is it?

Daviewonder

No mate, this thing-

Odometer-Sensor-for-Peugeot-405.jpg

is there another bit of it located somewhere else that this bit connects to?

Edited by Daviewonder

Miles

You need the 3 wire version AFAIK, Just wire it to the ECU and +ve feed nothing else unless you run a electronic speedo

Daviewonder

My loom only has a 2 pin connector so I guess its a simpler version? Ah I see the other bit is for driving the speedo but I dont need this as im using the speedo cable. Suddenly it also becomes so clear, Cheers Miles :)

ade 4wd

The speed interface box is located behind the glovebox in a 406. Its a small black plastic box with white plastic on one end where the electrical connector is. This interface box is only used with 2 pin speed sensors. As said before use a 3 pin speed sensor, much easier to wire up.

Daviewonder

Ok guys, one last check before I fry everything, so the 2 pin speed sensor goes to the module behind the glovebox then the module connects to pin 9 on the ecu (not that I have a module). The 3 pin speed sensor that I now intend to use fits like this- pin 1 goes to switched live, pin 2 goes to earth, pin 3 goes to pin 9 on ecu.

Does this sound right?

cheers, Dave.

ade 4wd

That is correct.