• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_B

2.1 Td Engine Into My 205 Van?

Ryan_B

Hi guys, im wondering if a 2.1 Td 406 engine will fit into my 205 van? What are the problems to look out for? Has anyone done it on here?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

omega
Hi guys, im wondering if a 2.1 Td 406 engine will fit into my 205 van? What are the problems to look out for? Has anyone done it on here?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

go on do it

chris-stdt

Im sure weejimmy put a 2.1 into his stdt but i would recommend the 1.9 as it has bosch fuel injection which is supierior to the lucas system on the 2.1

omega
Im sure weejimmy put a 2.1 into his stdt but i would recommend the 1.9 as it has bosch fuel injection which is supierior to the lucas system on the 2.1

you can always convert it to a bosch one

chris-stdt

you could but unless you already have a 2.1 as jimmy did or can get one for free it would make more sense to put a 1.9 in and save alot of messing but having said that it can be done as jimmy showed in his thread

Pob
you could but unless you already have a 2.1 as jimmy did or can get one for free it would make more sense to put a 1.9 in and save alot of messing but having said that it can be done as jimmy showed in his thread

I know a guy who has done alot of fettling with diesel's and the 1.9 8v is the better choice of engines, especially if you intend on increasing boost. Or you could make a hybrid, 2.1 bottom end with a 8v head.... The problem with the 2.1 is the head, if your leaving it standard then it'll be fine.

Dan

B1ack_Mi16

The 12v head has a much bigger flow-potential for sure.

What's wrong with it?

weejimmy

2.1 dose go in and is a far beter engine in standard form. as for tunning its the same process as it has the same turbo and you use the 1.9 td bosh pump anyway. but just beter results as its a 12v and beter flow as ^.

main things are: convert to cable shift from a 406 , master cylinder / timing belt clearance issues.

,use the bosh pump. and make up a down pipe / exhaust. and front mout intercooler.

must update my project thread.... have a look theres a few other issues ive mentiond on it i think.

Pob
2.1 dose go in and is a far beter engine in standard form. as for tunning its the same process as it has the same turbo and you use the 1.9 td bosh pump anyway. but just beter results as its a 12v and beter flow as ^.

main things are: convert to cable shift from a 406 , master cylinder / timing belt clearance issues.

,use the bosh pump. and make up a down pipe / exhaust. and front mout intercooler.

must update my project thread.... have a look theres a few other issues ive mentiond on it i think.

In standard form yes they have increased performance over the 1.9 8v but this is expected due to increased displacement. The problem comes when you start looking at tuning. As the 12v head uses rockers you are very limited due to them suffering if increasing the maximum rpm.... All depends on what you want at the end of the day.

Dan

Hilgie

These Youtube flicks from Rudy will make you have the 2.1 TD for sure :)

Eating WRXes for breakfast :lol:

Hilgie

And no responses whatsoever :D

weejimmy

seen that already. seems to be the only vids going around of 2.1 td 205s.

nice but a bit smokey for every day use

Sign in to follow this