• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Clarre

[trackday_prep] Clarres 205 Gti Trackcar Transforming

Clarre

What’s the Swedish MoT requirement thing then, which looks like a sun visor?

We must have a protection for the roll cage upper front pipe. The head of the driver should slide down instead of banging in the pipe. The summer meet in Sweden could be fun. I'll check the thread called 'Scandic Scramble'.

guffe

Nice carbon work. Did you remove the metal roof under the carbon roof? If you did, I would be happy to see more pictures of the process, as I am planning a similar task.

Edited by guffe

Clarre
Nice carbon work. Did you remove the metal roof under the carbon roof? If you did, I would be happy to see more pictures of the process, as I am planning a similar task.

I build a mould of the metall hood. So the hood is only carbon fibre and glass fiber. The weight is like a pizza box. I do a copy of the inner frame and kept the safety hook. I'll se if I can get more picture today.

Clarre

As promised some more pictures of the hood.

Start with the mould. Dirty dirty but it's placed in an old barn. The mould behind is to a 405, and the last one is the roof mould.

hood05.JPG

Two pictures of the hood's underside. You can see I use the original hinge. And you can also see the safety hook.

hood03.JPG

hood04.JPG

I think that's all for today.

Edited by Clarre

Bonzai

Lovely project, thank you for posting pictures :)

Clarre

Some updates. For a long time I searched for some Quadlights. And at last I got them in my hand. They have been used an are not in good condition. I have to do some new frames for the indicators.

quad03.JPG

So I do a mould of the best one.

quad04.JPG

But I think that the indicators was to big. And therefor I do a smaller mould an some new frames.

quad05.JPG

The result have this look with clear indicator glass.

quad06.JPG

An with yellow bulbs. It's like this.

quad07.JPG

Clarre

Change engine and She's ALIVE!

RalliArt

Have you measured the bhp, and some more details on the engine.... awesome car my friend keep it there... :blush:

Clarre

Now I have the new engine at the right place.

motor27.JPG

spole07.JPG

First start before mapping my DTA-S40PRO. First start

mappning.JPG

Edited by Clarre

mafo

Really nice work Clarre! I will be coming to Hedemora on tuesday next week to pick up a rear beam, would be cool to come and take a look at your 205.

Stolton

i love the design of the cage, looks awesome. you dont usally see many dimmas these days. keep up the good work clarre