• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Maccer

Vacuum Advance Units

Maccer

Hi all a quick question about the vacuum advance units on the distributor. I'm pretty sure mine is shot as I can suck air through the hose with no resistance. My car is a '88 1.6 with the clip fit dizzy cap. I had a look on one of the online parts catalogues and as far as I can tell for the XUJ5A engine the distributor is a Bosch 0237009062/076 and the possible Peugeot part numbers for the vacuum unit are 595164 / 595180. I asked my local pug and they said these are no longer available from Peugeot. I asked a local motor factors and GSF and neither of those do them. I looked on thE bay and there are a few on there:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Vw-etc-Bosc...id=p3911.c0.m14

..for example, but I'm not sure if this would be the right one. That guy on Ebay has two different ones for sale, one with a 45.8mm arm and one with a 52.6mm arm - anyone know which of these or if either would be correct? Or does anyone know the right Bosch part number for this part or somewhere else I can get one?

welshpug

you need to find a bosch/lucas stockist, they'll be able to get you the right one ;)

Maccer

Ok thanks guys. One factors near me has actually been quite helpful and is ringing around trying to find one for me, although nothing guaranteed yet. The rest of the local so called Bosch stockists (listed on the Bosch site as dealers) have been no use at all, can't even give me the Bosch part number - just want to try and sell me a new dizzy for £200!!

Hopefully Motor Parts Direct will come up trumps, and if they do I'll post up the Bosch part no. for the 1.6 vacuum unit.

Maccer

Got one today, cost me £15.60 inc.

Just incase anyone else needs to know:

Bosch Part No. 1 237 123 027 (advance unit)

Peugeot Part No. 5951 80

Bosch distributor 0237009063/076

Bottrill

Maccer, I don't suppose you know if this Bosch part number for the advance unit will fit the screw on cap type for the Bosch dizzy of a 1990 1.6 at all?

Was this £15.60 from Motor Parts Direct then in the end?

Thanks.

Edited by Bottrill

Bottrill

Ah, ignore the above post guys, missed the thread richsmells posted above.

Edited by Bottrill

Sign in to follow this