• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NickMi

Highest Power Xu10j2te In Uk?

bales
For clearance i had to make a pedal box and use banjo fittings for the resevoirs oh yeh and i had to cut some of the bulkhead aswell.

I have a cosworth 4x4 intercooler but i could not make it fit properly.

I have a stage 3 cat cams cam so should be ok and yeh im thinking about running just over a bar boost.

Do you guys think i will have problems with the intercooler then?

Cheers

I don't think you will have any problems as such with the intercooler other than perhaps adding a bit of extra lag, it was more an aesthetic thing as a much smaller one would be perfectly fine for that power. That one looks good for about 500bhp!!

Be interested to see what power it makes, if the sounds of silence one can deal with nearly 400bhp then I'm sure yours will be fine with approx 300bhp!!

Lets us know how it goes.

Alex

bales
Were they not pushing between 500-600 bhp on some stages in Evo 2 guise?

sorry to stray off topic.

I think that like you say the latter versions just before they were banned were about 550bhp, wasn't there some quote about Mansell saying that he drove one and it would have out accelerated his F1 car upto about 120mph....probably artistic licensing but must have been absolutely terrifying to drive regardless!! :)

DrSarty

Rumour has it that the Lancia Delta S4 (turbo & supercharged) could out-drag an F1 car up to 100mph on gravel!!!

Urban legend...?

bales
Rumour has it that the Lancia Delta S4 (turbo & supercharged) could out-drag an F1 car up to 100mph on gravel!!!

Urban legend...?

Really?!?!.......but thats probably because of the slick tyres and gravel not being the best combination....

I also heard that the Audi S1 could outdrag a top fuel dragster....on a snow stage in Sweden :)

I did actually say that it was probably artistic licensing and PR bollocks, but I do remember it being quoted after Mansell drove it.

I think the massive difference in power to weight ratio's and tyres etc... would help to see it not being 'fact' but it probably does give an idea of the sheer acceleration of the things.

DrSarty

Errr no....

S4 on gravel.

You kidder you. :)

James_R

Could be true, I mean wally cars are built for 0-120ish on most surfaces and F1 cars are designed for 80-200 so their aero isn't working till 80+mph and they can't get they're massive 900BHP down on 2 wheels where as the rally jobs manage 600+ through all 4??

Be instesting, I seem to remember the old scooby 22B works car would do 4.5 0-60 on gravel not bad

bales

After a bit of reading around the 0-60mph figures that keep being bandied about everywhere for the Lancia S4 is 2.5s on gravel!!!

Now imagine that on wide slicks and it isn't hard to imagine that it would keep up with an F1 car up to at least 100mph, the F1 car must be traction limited at least at lower speeds so surely the 4wd group B cars would get the jump on it until aero starts to come into play... :)

DrSarty

;)

See? I don't always talk horse-bollocks!!

:P

paulvancraen

Not in the UK, but there's an 8-valve in The Netherlands with 250 HP and 390 Nm at the wheels.

It's a XU10J2TE with a Garrett GT2871r bolted on. (DP manifold)

What turbo did you choose?

tom_m
Now imagine that on wide slicks and it isn't hard to imagine that it would keep up with an F1 car up to at least 100mph, the F1 car must be traction limited at least at lower speeds so surely the 4wd group B cars would get the jump on it until aero starts to come into play... :)

there's some footage somewhere of a drag race that red bull staged between loeb in his c2, vettel in last years f1 chassis and Peter Besenyei from the air races in his extra 300.

off the line loeb storms away from vettel until vettel can put the power down and draws out a fair lead until vettel comes flying past...

NickMi
Not in the UK, but there's an 8-valve in The Netherlands with 250 HP and 390 Nm at the wheels.

It's a XU10J2TE with a Garrett GT2871r bolted on. (DP manifold)

What turbo did you choose?

My turbo is a cosworth T34 with uprated bearing

so does anyone know who is running the highest output in the uk?

dcc

There was a 8v on ebay boasting 320@wheels, going back 12-18months.

NickMi
There was a 8v on ebay boasting 320@wheels, going back 12-18months.

Any idea on the spec?

cheers

rapidcossie

most things on ebay are just lies to sell cars

Sign in to follow this