• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
IanH

Good Omex Mapper Recommendations?

IanH

Im at the stage of my mi16 jenvey omex install where I need to start thinking about taking it for a session on the rollers.

So, does anyone on here rate any particular omex mappers out there? Im near Luton, Bedfordshire, but I will be trailering the car so Im willing to travel a fair but, say 100 miles or so.

maxi

Chris Todd, Torque Of The Devil. Hes always mapped my cars and if you phone Omex direct, he is their number 1 choice. Clued up top chap who will make the car safe, extremely driveable and get the BEST result from the engine.

Maxi

Chris H

I've used Northampton Motorsport to map my rally car and was very happy with the results. Good equipment and Troy really knows what he's doing.

We have used TOTD at work and definitelly not had the same experience as Maxi...wouldn't use them again due to this....but hey...everyone one has their own opinion and compainies have their bad days.

maxi
I've used Northampton Motorsport to map my rally car and was very happy with the results. Good equipment and Troy really knows what he's doing.

We have used TOTD at work and definitelly not had the same experience as Maxi...wouldn't use them again due to this....but hey...everyone one has their own opinion and compainies have their bad days.

What happened?

Never heard a a bad word about Chris.

Maxi

James_R

i've heard bad things about N'ton motorsport,

Track and road in rainham essex, would be a place to mention if they're not too busy.

andyjstone
Chris Todd, Torque Of The Devil. Hes always mapped my cars and if you phone Omex direct, he is their number 1 choice. Clued up top chap who will make the car safe, extremely driveable and get the BEST result from the engine.

Maxi

I'd second that, just had mine done by them and was very happy, excellent job and nice bunch of guys who seem to know what they are talking about.

maxi

What power did it make Andy?

Maxi

andyjstone
What power did it make Andy?

Maxi

182bhp - I was hoping for more as the place I took it to with the last engine said it was making 200 and this new engine has a reconditioned head with bigger valves and seems to pull much better through the rev range, but then the other place did seem a bit crap!

Interesting thing was that the air filter made 8bhp difference, which I think is partly due to me having big trumpets which are very close to the front of the filter, so I have ordered some really short ones which hopefully will be better.

maxi
182bhp - I was hoping for more as the place I took it to with the last engine said it was making 200 and this new engine has a reconditioned head with bigger valves and seems to pull much better through the rev range, but then the other place did seem a bit crap!

Interesting thing was that the air filter made 8bhp difference, which I think is partly due to me having big trumpets which are very close to the front of the filter, so I have ordered some really short ones which hopefully will be better.

Also Chris's rollers dont flatter any engine. I like to see cars go on there as its a reality check. For you to make 182BHP thats going well.

Maxi

welshpug

Andy's is only a stock engine IIRC? so 182 not a bad number :)

Miles

No it's got a QEP Big Valve head on it now, but still std Cam's

Baz

Could try Tom at TCSPerformance In Birchanger, Essex, just off J8 of the M11.