• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Rear Quarter/sill Repairs

welshpug

saw some rust on my 205's rear quarter so I poked at it......

th_DSC_1047.jpgth_DSC_1048.jpgth_DSC_1050.jpg

oops!

now I'm unsure how to go about repairing it, and I don't know what the end of the sill is mean tto look like, where the ole is...

are there any repair panels for the quarter panel? or if not how would I go about making a piece to fit?

rubyna

Nasty that :) .. Hasnt Goliath got any of those panels he had in a job lot recently??

welshpug

nope, all he has is a complete rear quarter panel :(

its not that bad at all, just looks it!

you should see the front inner wings, they're far worse but wont cause MOT issues yet :)

Edited by welshpug

rubyna

I have a little rust creeping around where the original jack screws in.Reminder to self: have to get that sorted..

thirdtimelucky

My white 205 had the same problem, I just made my own repair panel by copying the other side. Or just get dowm the scrap yard and cut a bit from another 205.

welshpug

That has been mentioned to me, trouble is I can't remember the last time I saw a 205 in a scrapyard!

I would love to know if there's anyone not a million miles away from the Newport South Wales area that could sort it out, though one issue is that there's no MOT on it, and I would think needs the welding done to pass!

any guesses as to the cost of such a repair?

rubyna

Does it have to be a Gti ? as i know of a scrappy close to me that has a diesel 205 there, if its o.k. for the job let me know and i will go and check if its still there in the morning.. I still have a number for you Mei aint sure if its right though as have txt you a few times about a bit of work for yourself?

Luke..

Edited by rubyna

thirdtimelucky

any 3 door 205 will do, you'll need a battery powered grinder or some thing though.

djinuk

all 205s seem to go here, its a job i still need to tackle on mine.

blue_haddock

Yes you can get replacement sills with a section of the lower quarter panel on it but i'm not sure if it would cover all yours - may need to use a bit of extra plate to make a full repair.

welshpug

cheers kev, will drop you a PM with the panel's part number see what you can do on a price ;)

I've found the Hadrian catalogue online and I can see the sill panel and it does have the bottom of the quarter panel but I can't see how high it goes as you said, what there is as well is a lower section of the quarter panel which looks more suitable though only available for non-gti's I dont think I need any of the gti specific part of the panel.

the sill looks fairly easy though, plus you wont see most of the repair if its not perfectly matched.

Emmy Seize

As the area concerned is so small, I wouldn't consider buying replacement panels at all.

All it needs is a piece of sheet metal, a tin snip, a dolly and a hammer.

IF your are thinking about changing the sills, always use genuine Peugeot ones.

They are fairly cheap and of far superior quality.

Should you want to use panels taken from a donor, try to cut the donor above wheel-arch-trim level and make the joint to be behind the trim.

This will avoid a lot of filling and sanding.

blue_haddock

If you speak to PVFCpug he had the sills done on his MI last year. Not sure if his were as bad as yours but they did a decent job in replacing them

steve@cornwall

Dimma kit? :lol::ph34r:

chesney

Had same issue with mine. We cut all the rot out and welded in new plates. I was surprised to see the inner arch wasn't actually attached to the 1/4 panel and it was just filler that sealed them together.

I searched for ages for inner wings but couldn't get them. Welding in plates neatly is just as good though and will be covered in underseal anyway.