• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

Rev Counter Doesn't Work

qwerty

hi

My rev counter has never work on my 205 Mi16,originally a 1.9 8v

I've tried fiddling with the wires but don't really know what I'm doing

I have a separate rev counter from halfords stuck to the dash which a rigged up, works fine.

Can anyone tel me how to get the one on the car working?

Cheers

Anthony

Should work fine, so assuming that it worked OK on the 8v engine I can only assume that you've made a wiring error when converting the loom - assuming your car is a Phase 1.5/Phase 2, the rev counter wire from the Mi16 loom should connect to the grey wire #112 on the smaller of the two underdash wiring plugs.

qwerty

excellent

i didn't do the conversion so not sure what happened with the wiring, its a bit messy though

I'l have a look at what you have suggested though

do you know the colour of the Mi16 loom wire for the rev counter?

is it possible to just bypass the loom and just go direct from the clock to the coil to get a signal?

Cheers mate.

qwerty

anymore ideas anyone

i would love to get the original one working, I've been without it for so long now

Cheers

DrSarty

You've had the most accurate reply from Anthony.

Why haven't you just taken whatever feed you have from the engine for the Halford's rev counter and tested it to grey wire 112 as per his advice?

We can't just keep pouring advice at you until we know what you've tried fella.

mickie

look at the rev counter plug on the back of the dash clocks. the where abouts of the plug is explained on the main page under exterior and interior

the green wire goes to earth

the blue goes to the coilpack negative

the white wire goes to a battery positive using a red fuse. top right somewhere on the board using number 1 fuse, just tap into an ignition live if you cant find it..

ive done a massive amount of searching and the white wire where abouts isnt clear

Edited by mickie

qwerty
look at the rev counter plug on the back of the dash clocks. the where abouts of the plug is explained on the main page under exterior and interior

the green wire goes to earth

the blue goes to the coilpack negative

the white wire goes to a battery positive using a red fuse. top right somewhere on the board using number 1 fuse, just tap into an ignition live if you cant find it..

ive done a massive amount of searching and the white wire where abouts isnt clear

Have given that a try mate,

have simply ran the three wires (white M32, green M?2B, blue 112) direct from the back plug on the clock to the battery, blue coil wire and earth wire onto body,

still nothing happening with the clock though

Could it be a broken clock?

Will lookout for some new clocks

Cheers

Edited by qwerty