• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ade 4wd

205 Gentry

ade 4wd

I did some work on a 205 Gentry the other day and discovered a couple of nice features.

Sitting in the car with the ignition switched off, when i opened the drivers door i could hear a relay click. The same relay would click when the door was closed. After a while i discovered i could operate the electric windows when the door was open and the ignition was switched off. The 405 has this feature but i have never seen it in a 205.

Also the interior light comes on when unlocking the car with the original infra red remote, there is also a delay for the interior light.

I noticed a relay and black box next to the central locking interface and lights on warning buzzer. All wiring was factory standard.

Does anybody else have these factory fitted extras on there 205s?

jimistdt

I've got the interior light that comes on when I unlock the door and stays on until I turn the key in the ignition, or for around 10 seconds. I don't think I have the door open/operate window realy, although I am going to check later. mines a '94 STDT.

I'm also supposed to have the ign off/lights on/door open buzzer relay too, but it's never worked.

Miles

All std, You missed the vanity mirror's with there lights too

Daviewonder

I saw a gentry in a scrapyard and it had an electric tilt and slide sunroof that went on the inside of the roof! anyone else ever come across one of these on a 205?

Edited by Daviewonder

ade 4wd

I forgot to mention the vanity mirrors. It just seems odd that other high end 205s like the GTI and 1fm never had these features.