• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
evojay71

Bilstein Gpa Coilover Bronze Bush Kits

evojay71

The time has come to change these again can anyone tell me the best place to get these kits from?? The first guy I used for these is no longer trading and the second set I got from Compbrake which I don't really want to deal with from my personal experience,parts missing from the kit and I had to send the bushes back for them to be machined to fit my Billy inserts as were to small internally :) Cheers!!

welshpug

try skip brown maybe?

I think Miles may know who else could help.

Gaz seem to be good at fixing other brands of dampers to maybe worth a call to them to see what they can offer, after all how many different ways are there to make a damper :)

Rippthrough
after all how many different ways are there to make a damper :)

s*itloads.

They're only a bush though, local small engineers should be able to do you some replacements.

Edited by Rippthrough

philfingers

AB motorsport or West Mids Motorsport in Kidderminster

AB is easy to find, WMMS is 01562 825800

evojay71
AB motorsport or West Mids Motorsport in Kidderminster

AB is easy to find, WMMS is 01562 825800

That was the only other person I could think of off the top of my head,Cheers :D

philfingers

i ordered some new bilstein inserts yesterday from this lot http://shop2.actinicexpress.com/shops/shen...ee87b71c7b33c05

can say i'm too impressed with the service, I mailed them to be sure I'd ordered the correct parts and I've yet to have a reply. Bushes are £34.50, which seems pricey, but it's been a while since i last bought some,

Phil

evojay71
i ordered some new bilstein inserts yesterday from this lot http://shop2.actinicexpress.com/shops/shen...ee87b71c7b33c05

can say i'm too impressed with the service, I mailed them to be sure I'd ordered the correct parts and I've yet to have a reply. Bushes are £34.50, which seems pricey, but it's been a while since i last bought some,

Phil

Seems well salty and by the looks theres no wiper seals included ethier,I'm sure I paid around the £25 mark for them in the past with the seals included??? If I can't get any joy from AB then I'll have to swallow my pride and go to Compbrake although they don't specifically list them for the 205 anymore :lol:

philfingers

i got my last ones from West Mids MS. They are still trading i think but their website is poor and hasn't been updated in a long time. And they don't answer the phone too often either!

You could try JAM Motorsport, they would do them I would think

ravydavy

i think 909motorsport does them. spiky will give you the number he is more than helpful.

regards david.

evojay71
i got my last ones from West Mids MS. They are still trading i think but their website is poor and hasn't been updated in a long time. And they don't answer the phone too often either!

You could try JAM Motorsport, they would do them I would think

The first guy I delt with for these used to have something to do with that company and left and set up WM Motorsport which is no longer trading to my knowledge,shame as he was a top guy to deal with and very effciant too.

philfingers

other way around i think. . . .

There was a guy who was a partner in WMMS and he left and took the online side of the business to JAM. At least that's the way I understand it.. . WMMS are still going, at least there were plenty of cars around there premises when I was down there a few months back

evojay71
other way around i think. . . .

There was a guy who was a partner in WMMS and he left and took the online side of the business to JAM. At least that's the way I understand it.. . WMMS are still going, at least there were plenty of cars around there premises when I was down there a few months back

Maybe thats where he is now?? I saved the WM Motorsport web site on my favorites and only took it off only the other week cause it's no longer on the net and hasn't been for quite some time and a different site to WMMS. The story I had was there was a falling out I recollect and he started up WM Motorsport but by the seems he's pulled the pin,infact the guy in question phoned me a couple of months after he folded it to make sure I recieved my order ok?? To be fair I dont think there would be many people who do that these days,as said a shame as I would deal with him again.

philfingers

I was there yesterday and can confirm the company is as busy as ever http://www.wmms.uk.com/

They had a few pugs in with a couple of other cars, of which held no interest for me so they were probably protons or mitsui's!

I asked about new inserts and he was going to call today, but i never got that call.

It's still run by Anthony Palmer, who's the guy that started it all. It appears they don't need the business tho, i have called 3 times in the last few weeks and the phone just rings out. But there was plenty of activity when I dropped by yesterday

evojay71
I was there yesterday and can confirm the company is as busy as ever http://www.wmms.uk.com/

They had a few pugs in with a couple of other cars, of which held no interest for me so they were probably protons or mitsui's!

I asked about new inserts and he was going to call today, but i never got that call.

It's still run by Anthony Palmer, who's the guy that started it all. It appears they don't need the business tho, i have called 3 times in the last few weeks and the phone just rings out. But there was plenty of activity when I dropped by yesterday

We must be in the wrong business!!! Lol! I'll try Andy Baker,only 3 weeks to the next outing and got some work to do on the car so better get my ass in order :) Thanks to all for the contacts

sam jfm

How do you fit them when you have aquired some?

pug_ham

These bushes are listed in the spares on the Shenpar website btw.

About £30 but we also get a forum discount from them iirc.

Graham.

philfingers

I won't deal with them again- shenpar. I ordered new inserts off their website. I heard nothing after a week, called them and they said they're gone up in price, they would call me and let me know, they didn't. Called again, same story. They didn't take any money off me but just left me thinking will they send them, won't they. they didn't

sam jfm

Thats what i have just bought! so i hope there right!

sam jfm

No there not :wub:

philfingers

what do you want them to fit, PTS bodies or compbrake bodies? or other?

welshpug

why don't they fit?

can only imagine that the bore of the Compbrake bodies differ but not the inner bore of the bush as they are made for Bilstein inserts.

sam jfm

I want them to fit PTS bodies, i assumed they would all be the same but no!

The compbrake bushes have a larger OD so wont fit into the strut, the inner bore is the same.

They are also deeper than the ones in my PTS bodies, if i got them turned down to fit into the PTS bodies would the extra depth cause a problem?

What is the OD of the bushes that fit into the PTS bodies? these are 45mm

philfingers

not sure BUT the older PTS bodies have a top cap, which you need to knock off first. The rubber seal beneath it and then the bush.

The length is not a problem. The normal thing with these is to drive the new one in the top, pushing the older one down. I'm told that you can have 3 bearing's in the top before you need to remove them.

Can you post a pic? May be worth asking compbrake if they will fit the PTS struts,

Phil

sam jfm

i have just had a reply from andy baker who says that the bushes are hard to get in? has anyone managed to do it before? i will try and get a pic but i have poped off a top cap type thing but it then narrows to the bushes, i am off to skip browns for some wiper seals that fit!