• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

Passenger Door Jammed Shut

qwerty

Hi All

The passenger door is jammed shut on my 205 and i cant get it open from the inside or outside handle, it is locking and unlocking ok

have taken the door card off (fiddly job with the door shut) still no good though, when pulling the leaver to open the catch nothing is happening, the catch just wont pop open to release the door

am sure this will of happened to someone els? anyone know how to get it open?.

Cheer

steve@cornwall
Hi All

The passenger door is jammed shut on my 205 and i cant get it open from the inside or outside handle, it is locking and unlocking ok

have taken the door card off (fiddly job with the door shut) still no good though, when pulling the leaver to open the catch nothing is happening, the catch just wont pop open to release the door

am sure this will of happened to someone els? anyone know how to get it open?.

Cheer

That will be a seizing door handle, take out the handle itself and lubricate the gold lever, work it back and forth until the gold lever is fully re-positioned by its return spring

post-7883-1249829323_thumb.jpg

johny105_y2k

2nd that

welshpug

3rd that <_<

philfingers

can also be the door lock mech itself. Real ar** to get to in a car with a buckets and door bars!

I used a small blow torch and torched the mech from the inside and then went to the scrappy and got another for a couple of quid. It had sat for about 5 months at work whilst I was working away. Wasn't so bad as the missus tho when I didn't come home for 5 months :-)

qwerty

aye its the lock that jammed mate, its done it before but i got it to release, duno what i did though, just thought maybe there was some way of releasing it, blow torch it is though.

cheers bud

welshpug

could just pop the plastic lever off the back of the lock barrel, far easier than a blowtorch :)

joe1joe

if its the door lock mech jamed it isnt going to do anything taking of the rod off?? some times it helps to take the other side of to see how the mech works (or buy a new one as it need to be replaced dont wana go thru this again!!!) as u might have to fidle with the mech do release it (hard to eplain so best to look at another mech??

philfingers

just to clarify on mine it wasn't the lock barrell, it was the actually latch mechanism, evn unhooking the handle and the lock wouldn't get it open

qwerty

cheers fellas

its not guna be an easy one

its really hard to see what is going on inside the door, really annoying think was that it opened onto the first click, so the door was open about an inch, just couldn't get the catch to let go of the door

al keep trying with your advise ;)

philfingers

probably worth getting a latch from a scrappy or looking at the drivers one to figure out how it works. Makes it easier to 'see' how it all works

joe1joe

thats what i ment the door mech/catch, not the door lock barel.

just got to be carfull at the same time as the 205 door skins are made of tin foil...........

u will notice most 205 door handles are "sunk in" sligtly as they are soooo weak! lol

just when mesing with the door mech be CAREFULL

supersub14

this problem happened to me.

I had to strip the door card off at the corner, squeze my hand in and wiggle the vertical lock lever up and down for approx 2 nights before it got free lol

Some ammount of swearing done at it :)

qwerty

stupid thing, mind am glad its not the drivers door

guna have another shot at it tomorrow, will let you know how i get on

cheers

qwerty

Its finally open :lol:;):D , what a great feelin when it jus popped open,

still got to replace the lock, can anyone tell me if the 309gti mech i have will fit, its off same year car.

205BigTosh
Its finally open :(:D:D , what a great feelin when it jus popped open,

still got to replace the lock, can anyone tell me if the 309gti mech i have will fit, its off same year car.

what was wrong with it?

TT205
Its finally open :D:D:D , what a great feelin when it jus popped open,

It took you 7 months :lol:

That was a stiff fu**er!

RHULPUG

My drivers door now has this problem, albeit it isn't locked shut, it just won't close any further than the initial safety latch.

I've tried looking at the locking mechanism/handle on a spare passenger door which I had in the garage, but it doesn't seem to be that simple in removing it. The car is now back in my garage so fortunately safe and secure but could really do with some help on this one.

I have searched for other topics and a few came up, but the issue here isn't the door not opening, rather the door only partially closing. I've removed the door card and tried moving the handle from the inside but still to no avail.

NeilGTi85

Adjust the stricker pin on the door resess <_<

RHULPUG
Adjust the stricker pin on the door resess <_<

Will have a look at that, but why do you reckon it has suddenly become a problem? The car is in use on a weekly basis, then on Sunday when I locked it I noticed the door didn't look closed properly, so the problem just suddenly appeared.

NeilGTi85

The stricker pin can get lose slowley over time, I had to re-adjust mine when I replaced the door pins / hinges as they well well out.

RHULPUG

Fixed, you were spot on, thanks for your help!

....wish I'd looked there first before removing the door card, speaker cover and arm rest! <_<

Rob_the_Sparky

Sorry to reserrect an old thread but my driver's door is now locked shut with no sign of releasing as well. It would be really good to know how the original poster got his open.

Mine is shut but will not unlock, both key and internal lock mech feel equally jammed solid. Before it jammed it was a bit of a git to close, being at work I just slammed the door and thought nothing of it (duh). I have not been able to unlock it since, feels completely solid.

Rob

welshpug

take the doorcard off an make sure the inner lever on the external door handle is not seized.