• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

Passenger Door Jammed Shut

muddatrucker

Brilliant, just happened to me too!

Mine wouldn't close, so I pushed it to and locked it manually (since a flying open door isn't as bad as a closed door mid-route!) but not it won't reopen - do we have any ideas based upon that whether its the handle or the mechanism etc?

Edited by muddatrucker

muddatrucker

How do I get the exterior door handle off with the mechanism attached? my and my dad are scratching our heads trying to get it off (we've established its the problem).

EDIT: off it comes!

Edited by muddatrucker

muddatrucker

Fixed, put all back together, stops working again, I give up!

adam1973

Had/have the problem re the door lock/handle staying locked. I managed to re open it etc, but I am unable to get the handle off in order to really spend some time on properly cleaning the rear lever due to the rod mech... Any tips/method would be appreciated.

pug_ham

IIrc the door handle is held on by two 10mm bolts through the door, you need to lift the exterior handle to get at one of the nuts.

g

deathbringer929

Had/have the problem re the door lock/handle staying locked. I managed to re open it etc, but I am unable to get the handle off in order to really spend some time on properly cleaning the rear lever due to the rod mech... Any tips/method would be appreciated.

mine was held on with a 10mm nut on the inside, and on the out side liftted the handle to reveal a 30 torx bolt which goes into a rivnut.

adam1973

Thats right... I managed to undo both of them ok, its just the lock rod mech that attaches to it... looks like it'll come out with some near breaking actions, even breaking the plastic I bet too.... just not wanting to break anything and get off and on...

deathbringer929

pull the horseshoe clip from the lock barrell, lock barrell out the door skin enough to turn it giving more room to undo. also helps if you undo the three thirty torx screws holding the lock mech in place. these will give you tat bit more movement to undo.

adam1973

Got the lock barrel off ok, just getting back on is the issue... Have ordered a set of torx bits off flea-bay to complete the job. Thanks :-)

• Like 1