• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

Another Megajolt One

iamjackiechan

hi

ive got my s16 running on the megajolt system and i am able to see the tps gauge, rev counter gauge and ignition timing all on the megajolt programme fine.

i have now designed a map, but when i try and load it onto the ecu it says at the bottom of the screen 'unable to connect to com 3'. when i click on get config or update config i comes up with an error which i can make no sense of.

the weird thing is that im running the serial cable through the com 3 which works fine with the other megajolt programmes but not with the tune.bat.

i know a few people on the forum run megajolt so im really hoping that some one is able to help.

cheers will

pugpete1108

i would love to help but i'm just starting out with megasquirt myself and i had loads of probs with comms in the begining

are you just running spark only?

iamjackiechan

yea only spark as im running carbs.

i got the megajolt second hand off someone on the forum and the engine will run with the settings already on it but the timing is slightly out so i need to adjust it.

has anyone ever contacted autosport labs as they sell the megajolt kits, regarding any issues with the software

will

unariciflocos

Your best chance is to ask Brent on the autosportslabs forum. Yours' seems like a communication problem. Due to the crap adapter I use I can only communicate with the Megajolt while the engine is turned of, because it induces too much noise with the engine on and I lose comms.

Maybe you can try uploading the map with the engine off, use a different adapter, use a PC with a built-in serial port and in case you have an older Megajolt version, use the corresponding software to it. Chances are the newest software won't work ok with older versions of MJ. Just a guess, may be wrong. But again, BrentP is most likely to provide you with a solution.

mattbenselin

I second that Andrei, ask Brent (the designer of MJ) on the Autosportlabs forum or look through some posts on there. Normally it is easily solved...touch wood mine worked and still works!