• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Veero

Can Someone Check My Wiring Diagram?

Veero

Can someone have a quick squizz at my diagram here and make sure I haven't got any missed wires or crossed connections?

Any criticism welcomed, it's the first time I've tried making a wiring diagram.

Clicky

Cheers

Veero

PS: Oh sorry Steve (GLP), I nicked your formatting from your 2 row diagram you sent me.

GLPoomobile
PS: Oh sorry Steve (GLP), I nicked your formatting from your 2 row diagram you sent me.

No worries. My solicitor will be in touch shortly :P

3 row looks a bit scarier than 2 row! :)

jeremy

No idea, however I liked the pair of breasts :)

Veero
No idea, however I liked the pair of breasts :wacko:

Que? Breasts? Where??

smokey
Que? Breasts? Where??

Hiya Veero

Last night i went through your 3 row diagram you did in the excel file and most of it made sence. Most of my wires were a different colour to yours but i think thats to be expected. Using a multimeter i managed to find all the wires that went to the pins on the ECU. Although i did notice i did have a few more extra pins on my ECU plug. These all went to grounds though so not sure it thats why they were not included on your diagram. I can list the pin numbers when i get home tonight if you want?

But saying that all the pins on your diagram that were identified did go to the plugs that you described. It also helped me identify some of the plugs i had because i've not had my loom on the engine, so was not sure what some of the plugs did.

As you know most of my loom was cut so i'm going to spend tonight soldering them all back together (now they are identified) then i'll test again against your diagram to see if it all correct.

Veero

Does anyone have a 406 Haynes manual in PDF at all?

smokey
Does anyone have a 406 Haynes manual in PDF at all?

yeah I got one the other day will email it to you later doing a radio show at the mo :-)

Veero

Well the build is underway, nearly got the ECU plus wired up, just need miles of thinwall to make the rest of it now.

Mi normal service will be resumed shortly. ;) if all goes to plan...

Veero

Gah curses to VWP's website, just ordered £160 worth of stuff :)

Still if it arrives in time I will have enough wire to make 5 looms and I might have a working Mi by Sunday night :lol::D

smokey

All the best with this one mate.

My loom is on hold for the moment, but think its right. Which in turn should mean yours is too.

Not sure if you saw but there was a link to another diagram on my thread which may help.

Veero

Nice one Smokey for that link, always good to have several copies of the same thing, the Haynes isn't the clearest but I found an error in that new one.

On that linked one Injection Relay pins 2 and 5 have the wrong info by them. Pin 2 goes directly to ECU pin 36 not junction 2, and Pin 4 (I don;t even have pin 4, it's labelled 5 on my relay) goes to junction 2 and not directly to ECU pin 37. I confirmed this with my old loom and the Haynes manual schematic.

Also I have a couple of questions:

-I do not have AC but I think the car my loom came from did. Also there are pins which relate to the lambda sensor which again I do not have and the car my engine and loom came from didn't have either so can I just miss these wires as they go nowhere else.

-Does ECU Pin 43 go to AFM Pin 1? No mention on Haynes but this new diagram says it does, but I only had pins 2-5 in use on my original loom.

-On the newest diagram there is a link between ECU Pins 20 and 1. What is this for as it is not in Haynes or my other original from an XU9J4Z (mine is only the XU9J4 however.)

Any light shed on these would be great.

Veero

Any ideas?? I am trying to get this finished by Sunday night!

smokey
Any ideas?? I am trying to get this finished by Sunday night!

I'll have a look tonight mate